ch. eleven

home is you

somewhere over the rainbow

way up high

and dreams that you dream of

once in a lullaby

somewhere over the rainbow

bluebirds fly

and dreams that you dream of

dreams really do come true

someday, i wish upon a star

wake up where the clouds are far behind me

where trouble melts like lemon drops

high above the chimney top

that's where you'll find me

somewhere over the rainbow

bluebirds fly

and the dreams that you dare to

oh why, oh why can't i

the blue eyed boy signed, as shane still slept even through his singing. shane use to love it when he was sad, and ryan thought he'd wake up to see him again. the little boy laid down next to shane, as the only satisfaction he had was the small breaths that left from shane's mouth and the rise and fall of his chest. 

"ugh, you're no fun when you're sleeping, wake up already!" ryan whined and pleaded, wanting to play with shane again and hear his voice. "what if i told you i love you?"

still no response. 

"rude." ryan scoffed with a little giggle, before placing a small little kiss on shane's lips and jumping off the bed and walked over to the big hospital window. he placed his hands against the window and watched the cars drive past and was fascinated by the big buildings, liking how close they were to the clouds. 

ryan was so engrossed to the city before him that he didn't even notice that green eyes were looking right at him. shane couldn't find the strength to talk as his voice wasn't in working mode after not using it for over a week. it was then, ryan turned around and met the green eyes, almost making cyan between them. 

"hey ry."

a week later

"we ran multiple tests and it seems better than we thought." the doctor smiled at kyle, as he pointed his finger to shane's right ear. "this one is very slight in hearing loss, his ear may even recover itself fully in about a couple of weeks, but the left one had more damaged as he's going to need a hearing aid. "

"how much more worse is his left from his right?" kyle asked, taking a look at both of his son's ears himself. 

"well, the right one isn't bad, he just has a problem with soft voices against background but like i said it can recover, the left one has more difficulty with regular speaking even at a close distance." the doctor elaborated more for shane's father. "like i said, he's going to need a hearing aid in this ear."

"actually, i think we have one in his size, and it's more new and an advanced model." the doctor informed as he wrote something down. "i'll be right back."

the doctor walked out of the room, and shane looked upset. mostly with the information his father told him these past recent days. it didn't matter if he couldn't hear out of a certain ear, what was the point of hearing if he couldn't hear his favorite voice everyday. kyle understood shane was angry at him, but he did it for the better of shane's life. 

"here we go, try this on shane." the doctor said, walking into the room and hooking the hearing aid to shane's ear. 

it was a perfect fit on shane, and he could hear pretty well out of his left ear afterwards. his father paid for his aid, and it time to go back home, and by home, his father meant all the way to another state, washington. 

"can i at least say goodbye to him, dad?" shane asked, wanting to just see his best friend again, almost pleading to hear his voice, see his face, touch his hand, something was better than nothing. 

"we'll come visit someday, shane. you can see him then, we have to get back home so i can get back to work and you can make new friends at the private school by our house." kyle turned around, and smiled at him. "everything will be okay."

shane's home wasn't in washington, it was in the arms of a little boy named ryan. 

no one was ever going to match and be better than his ryan. 

___

lmao okaY didn't have to expose me for not updating when i said 

SORRY :)

(maybe i'll do a surpris chapter tmrw for an apology ;) )

but update days are saturdays and wednesdays now 

have a good weekend loves <3

- andy