ch. one

cold blooded

the colored leaves with the mix of red and yellow from the tall trees, signaling the beginning of a new season to the people. the season that brought kids to joy as they'd fall into pits of leaves and be covered in small jackets due to the wind blowing a small breeze of cold air once in a while.

though, that was all different for one lonely ginger boy. he'd sit by his window all day watching the kids with their happy families, wishing just for a moment that he could have that. all he heard all day was yelling and arguing between his parents.

eight years of the same thing everyday, it gets old and tiring.

"god, what the hell is your problem? can't you just fucking be a better person for our son?!"

the little boy turned his head towards the closed door, as he slowly crawled off the bed. he twisted the knob quietly, not wanting his parents to know he was listening in. he crawled over to the stairs and peeked his head through the bars of the stair case.

"what do you care? you're always working, and never even home half the god damn time!" his mother yelled, as her face was red due to the anger she was feeling.

"yeah! i'm working to make sure that my son is getting the essentials of life that he deserves! unlike you, when was the last time that you actually took the time and just hung out with shane!" his father yelled, slamming his hand down on the countertop.

"do you really think that i give a shit about that kid? he's all you, not me." she spoke bluntly, turning around and grabbing her purse off the table and turning back around. "now, i have things to do so you tend to him."

shane felt a sudden pain in his chest suddenly, a quick shortness of breath. tears building in his eyes as he watched his mother walking pass his father, and walking towards the door. he quickly ran down the stairwell and ran up to his mother, clinging to her leg.

"mommy, don't leave me please. i'll be better, i promise! i l-"

before shane could finish his sentence, his mother pushed him off her and walked out the door. shane cried as he got back up, but his father picked him up and held him in his arms. the little boy continued to kick and scream, but eventually gave up into his fathers embrace.

"i'm going to try and fix this just for you, bud." kyle said, looking down at his small son and swiftly pushing his hair back. "and if i can't, i swear i'll take you with me so you won't have to suffer anymore."

weeks later...

"please, if anything ever happens don't be scared to call me or call someone okay?" kyle whispered to shane, as he was crouched down to shane's level.

teresa had to good of a lawyer, and ended up winning the fight to get full custody of shane. kyle and her argued for hours about it, but she only did it so that shane wasn't with him. teresa knew how much shane meant to his father, and she wasn't about to let him get away with him that easily.

"here." his father said, reaching into his coat pocket and pulling out a small bracelet with his last name on it. "i'm always here for you, don't you forget it."

shane smiled happily to his father as he hugged him tightly. his father pulled away from him and kissed him softly on the forehead as he left his room. his mother stood by the door and stared right at shane before then closing the door shut, resulting in shane to jump a bit.

this was only the beginning of the cold.

_____

small chapter but

new story.

hopefully, its not a disappointment.

✌👌🤟🤙