the one with the truth

-fourteen-

Kate

Stryder's eyes had opened and my heart started beating even faster than before. If it was going to beat any faster I'd die. "You kids have caused quite a racket and we're getting complaints left and right. If you could all take your own seats and be quiet for the rest of the flight it'd be much appreciated." I nod slowly, taking Stryder's hands off of me and sitting in my seat, turning it forward. Alicia, Noah, and Stryder all do the same. "Thank you." Then she leaves us all alone with the other passengers staring at us. I smile awkwardly and put my face into my palms. My face was so red it was scary. I sit there, boiling in my own embarrassment for another ten minutes.

Finally, my body temperature calms down and I look at my phone. Only seven hours left. Another hour passes and I grab my phone texting the group chat. "Tell anybody about this and I'll murder you guys." They all reply with 'okay.' I lay my head against the window and close my eyes, trying to fall asleep. Thirty minutes pass and I still can't but I keep my eyes shut. Maybe it'd help me fall asleep faster? "Bro, turn around." I hear Stryder whisper. Noah, I'm guessing turns around. "What?" He asks groggily, he was obviously sleeping. "I shouldn't have kissed Kate." My heart sinks. "Why dude? It looks like you were both really into it." My face warms.

They stop talking and I figured they were looking at me. "It's just, I want to rip her clothes off, let her have my children, not let her walk for days, but I also want to buy her flowers, take her on dates, and raise a family. We're not even together." My heart starts beating fast again. I cannot believe he feels this way. "Fuck dude, you're in deep." Stryder sighs louder, setting his hand on my knee and rubbing his thumb back and forth lightly. "We haven't even fucked and we're going to be living in two different states for years. She'll forget about me by then."

I wanted so badly to tell him I felt the same way, that I couldn't forget about him. But something made me keep my eyes shut. "You seriously have to tell her. You don't know what could happen, but keeping it bottled up like this is ought to kill you." I don't know what happens after that but everything goes quiet again. Noah turns around and I hear his light snores. My body is lifted lightly and I'm laying on his familiar shoulder. His arm wraps around my body and I find myself falling deeper and deeper. A few minutes later, I'm out.

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, thirty more minutes and we'll be landing in Sicily, Italy." I wake up with a smile. I look at Stryder who was just looking out the window. "I can't wait oh my god!" He laughs. "About time you woke up. Damn shorty I didn't know you could sleep that long." I smile sheepishly. "I guess I was just comfortable." Then everything he had said earlier comes rushing back and my cheeks start reddening. "You good shorty? I didn't even say anything this time." He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and laugh. "I'm fine, just cannot wait to get off this plane." He nods. "I know."

***

"The plane will be landing in two minutes, please fasten your seat belts." I hold onto his hand once more squeezing it, scared we would crash. "We've landed safely." Everyone erupts in applause and smiles. I let go of his hand and join in. We grab our carry on bags then get off the plane one by one. We get our luggage then head straight to the entrance where Stryder gets us a cab. He gives the driver directions to the beach house and it's about a twenty-minute drive. We all excitedly talk about getting changed and getting straight into the water. "There are only three rooms so I figured, Ryan and I will share, Autumn and Kate will share, then Noah and Alicia can share. Is that okay with everyone?"

Everyone nods and I avoid eye contact with Stryder, I was still hung up on what he'd said earlier. I mean if a boy, way out of your league said those things about you, you'd feel the same. We get to the house and I instantly fall in love. It was beautiful. We grab our stuff and get inside. We each find our rooms and get our bathing suits on, not worrying about unpacking. I slip into a bikini that showed a lot of skin, you see, now I wanted to tease Stryder. I wanted to mess with him until he had the confidence to push me up against a wall once more.