the one with the flight.

-thirteen-

Kate

Autumn walks up to me and gives me a hug. "We figured you'd be so distracted with the trip and Prom, then Stryder doing whatever he was doing," I look behind me and he blushes lightly. I roll my eyes and turn back to Autumn. "That it'd be the perfect opportunity to surprise you." I hug her once more and smile. "Thank you, everyone," I say, pulling back. I see Autumn go to say something but her eyes look behind me. She nods lightly and doesn't say anything. I look between Stryder and her and shake my head.

I sit on Stryder's bed and watch everyone file out of the room. Stryder stays and sits next to me. "I'm going to take you a bunch of places you've always wanted to go." I shake my head. "I can't accept that. Italy has got to be a lot of money." He stands up and it startles me. I laugh and he takes my hands, pulling me up. "It's your birthday and from what I've heard from your dad, this will be your first birthday not at the house." I look down shamefully. It's true. We were so tight on money that I always spent my birthday with Gunner and Dad in the house.

He takes my chin with his fingers and lifts it up so I can look at him. "I forgot how much taller you are," I say, trying to change the subject. He smiles, then shakes his head. "Don't change the subject." I smile like a kid. He pulls me to my room. "Go get ready. We're leaving in an hour." He closes the door and I'm alone. I smile to myself unknowingly as I get into the shower. I wash my body and sit there thinking. What were we going to do today? How does he know the places I'd like to go?

Gah, damn Autumn. I turn the handle and get out, grabbing my towel, and walking to my closet. I put on my underwear than grab a pair of jean shorts. I grab a light pink shirt and tuck it in, grabbing a black belt and looping it through. My socks are higher than my sneakers as I put them on but I don't care. I go to the bathroom, filling in and darkening my eyebrows. I put on a coat of mascara, then some lip gloss. I look myself in the mirror and nod at my final work. I didn't look half bad. I grab my phone and chapstick, putting them in my back pocket. I go downstairs and meet Stryder. He pulls my arm to his car and I wave at the adults. I find Autumn, Ryan, and Noah in the back waiting. As we get in, me in the passenger's seat obviously, I look at Noah.

"She was needed at the hospital." I nod and he smiles. I look forward and we drive past the gates. It was around twelve thirty right now and we had to be at the airport tomorrow at five. I just hoped today wouldn't make me too tired. We arrive at a really big roller coaster place in an hour. I look at Stryder wide-eyed. He smiles and I jump up and down in my seat. "Oh my god. Let's go! I can't wait!" I get out of the car and dance happily in the parking lot. "What's her problem?" Noah asks smiling. I look at him and smile sheepishly. Stryder walks up behind me and grabs my waist, pulling me into him. "She's never been on a roller coaster." Autumn already knew that's how Stryder knew, but the boys gasp. "How in the world have you never been on a roller coaster?" I look at them and it takes them a second but they nod knowingly.

We walk through the front entrance my giddy ass jumping up and down. Stryder puts his big hand on my shoulder, calming me down. I look up at him sheepishly. "Once you're done freaking out, point to the first ride and that's where we'll go." I nod, looking all around. I pick the least fun looking one. "I want to start from bottom to top. The best ride at the end." They all nod and we go on ride after ride. I'd never had so much fun.

It was six now, getting dark. Stryder decided he would hold off the other activities for another date. After we ride the last ride, my hairs a mess but I'm smiling wider than I had before from the start. We start walking toward the exit, exhausted from the activities. "Thank you so much for bringing me here. This has literally been the best day of my life." I say skipping ahead. I look behind me to see Stryder and the boy's smirking. Autumn wasn't paying attention. We walk past a photo booth and I stop in my tracks making Ryan run into me. We both laugh but I look at Stryder and smile evilly. I take his hand and pull him into the booth. "We're going to take pictures to remember tonight." He rolls his eyes and I smile.