the one with the happy ending.

-twenty-five-

Kate

He kneels down and looks up at me. He pulls something out of his pocket and I gasp. He opens the box and a beautiful shining ring is staring up at me. I start crying. "I-I had no idea." He smiles. "Kind of the point." I fall on my knees and look into his eyes. "Kate Hart. We've been through so fucking much. But look at us now." I start crying harder. "We've been through thick and thin and we're still standing tall. You're the most important person to me on this Earth. I cannot believe I was lucky enough to be chosen by someone as perfect as you to be their boyfriend." I sniffle with a small laugh. "I've wanted to do this since the first time you smiled in my direction. I love you."

I take a deep breath. "I love you too." He smiles. "Kate, will you marry me?" I nod up and down. "Yes, Stryder. Y-Yes." He stands us up and slides the ring on my finger. It fit perfectly. I hug him so tight. He pulls me closer than I was. Everyone around us started clapping. We look around, not even realizing there were people around. I laugh with the tears streaming down my face. Noah, Ryan, Alicia, and Autumn come from the parking lot clapping happily. "Oh my god, you said yes!" I look at them in awe. "You guys knew?!" The girls shake their head but the boys nod. "They just invited us to the lake and then as we started walking toward the water, there you guys were," Autumn says crying. I laugh and give her a hug. I also give Alicia one. Then I look at both boys softly. "Thank you," I mumble pulling them both into a hug. They smile wide. "Our pleasure." I look at Stryder. I give him a long kiss.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you now." He looks at me, so do the girls. The boys just look at Stryder's worried look. I point at my stomach. "Does it hurt again?" I shake my head with a smile. "Think bigger." He sits there confused. "A belly button ring?" I throw my head back and laugh. "She's pregnant you stupid bastard!" Ryan yells. He looks at me with wide eyes. "No way." I smile, the tears streaming down my face again. "Yes, way." He picks me up and spins me in the air. The boys whistle and clap as the girls cry. He sets me down then kisses my stomach. "I'm going to be a daddy?" I nod again. He shouts. "WOOHOO. I'M GOING TO BE A HUSBAND AND A DAD." I laugh and the tears start clearing. He looks at our friends. "You guys get to be aunts and uncles." They all smile and congratulate us. "I say, we go celebrate somewhere fancy!" Autumn proposes. We nod. "We'll meet up at Al's around five?" Everyone nods, walking back to their cars.

Stryder drives us home and excitedly bursts into the apartment. "In nine mother fucking months, there's going to be a baby crying up a storm in here, but I don't even care." I smile and kiss him. "Because there's a baby growing in you, does that mean we can no longer fuck?" I throw my head back and laugh. I pull him into the room and lay back on the bed. "No, sir." He smirks and we slowly start kissing. Luckily, Noah and Alicia went to Autumn's to give us some time.

We end up on the couch, sweating our asses off. "I think that was your best performance babe." He smiles at me. "I have a lot to be excited about." I laugh and nod. "You definitely do." He smiles and pulls me into him, we cuddle and slowly start falling asleep. I wake up around three and gasp loudly. I shake Stryder awake. "We need to shower and get ready for dinner!" He sits up and we run to the shower. We quickly wash ourselves and our hair. I get out, drying myself, then wrapping the towel around my hair. I find my nicest dress and slip into it. The heels that made me much taller were on my feet in seconds. Stryder was shaking his head around, trying to dry his hair. After a minute of looking, I find the blow dryer and hand it to him. He smiles appreciatively. Alicia and Noah were in their room getting ready as well.

Once he finishes drying his hair, I run into the bathroom and start drying mine. The clock hit four. I squeal as I start brushing my hair and doing my makeup. Stryder has been ready for the last fifteen minutes. I roll my eyes at him. Once I finish my whole look, we race to the car because we had twenty minutes to get to Al's. With three minutes to spare, Stryder and I park the car under a tree. We get out looking all fancy and he takes my hand in his. We waltz through the doors with a smirk playing on both our lips. "Table for six please?" The lady nods. "You guys are lucky, it's our last table that big." We smile. "Today's been very lucky." She smiles and looks at my hand. "Congratulations." My whole body warms. "Thank you." She leads us to the table in the corner.