the one with the longboards.

-eleven-

Kate

I open my eyes to the black and white room. Panic starts settling itself into my stomach. I sit up quickly and look to my left, nothing. I get up and look around the room to find Stryder on the floor with nothing but a sheet. My heart squeezes. He could've woken me up, or slept in his own bed, but he let me have his pillows, comforter, and the whole bed. Today was Friday, next week was our last day of school. High school is over forever and we don't have to deal with stupid, childish, petty shit anymore. I let out a squeal of excitement and I see Stryder stir. I quickly cover my mouth.

He doesn't wake up so I go over to him and bend down next to him. I take my hand and lightly run it through his hair. It was so soft. I kiss his forehead as a thank you then I stand up and retreat to my room, deciding to get ready for today. I strip into my underwear and pull on my favorite pair of shorts. They stopped just above mid-thigh and had holes that weren't really holes, but were, you know? I threw on my Green Day shirt and slipped into my Birkenstocks. Basic I know, but with my job, I'm able to afford more. I quickly do my makeup then grab my bag, running down the stairs and into the kitchen. I quickly eat a bowl of cereal. Anna said Stryder was ready, waiting in his car.

I clean my bowl and run to his car, sliding into the passenger's seat. "Good morning to you too." He says through a laugh. I smile sheepishly. "Sorry, I just didn't have much time to get ready. How did you?" He looks at me and smirks. "I got ready and then fell back asleep. You woke me up with your weird squealing." My eyes widen. He was fucking awake. I shake my head and keep quiet. He laughs, changing the subject. "For prom, what color dress are you going to wear?" I open my phone, scrolling through my camera roll. "A navy blue dress that goes down to my feet. It's tight and really pretty." I show him the picture and he takes a quick look at it before putting his attention back on the road. "It's actually really pretty." I smile. "I guess that means I'll need a navy blue tie." I smile. "If you want, but please wear a black tuxedo, it'll look really good." He nods, turning the car off as we park.

We get out and start walking the steps. We go through the hallways to the cafeteria where we find Autumn and Ryan. We join them and start talking about prom. "No one's asked me. It actually really upsets me but I'll just go with you guys." She says motioning to me. I smile and nod. Ryan's eyes widen as he looks behind me. Curiously I turn around and see Noah with a video camera. My eyes widen as I realize what's about to happen. My heart fills with joy. I take Stryder's forearm and pull him out of the way. Autumn continues to rant to Ryan as he carefully pulls a poster from his bag. When Autumn isn't looking he opens it and stands there with a smile. Everyone around us starts to stare in awe.

"My puppy eyes might not work, but his should. Prom?" He asks, reading off the sign. Autumn turns around curiously. Before anyone notices Noah is walking toward Autumn with a baby golden retriever. The entire cafeteria bursts into 'awes' and more. Autumn starts tearing up, taking the puppy from Noah. She looks at Ryan who's waiting patiently. She smiles wide, nodding and walking toward him. He sets the poster down and hugs her tightly. Everyone claps and eventually the bell rings. Autumn was given a pass to take the puppy home, but the rest of us had to go to class.

As usual, we go throughout our day, keeping to ourselves. Today I had to present in English, but other than that, normal. We all meet up at lunch, talking about, you guessed it, prom. Noah asked his girlfriend, Alicia. They've been together since freshman year. I hear he's actually going to propose on their last day of college and it's really cute. "Do you guys want to come together in a limo?" Alicia asks, really only talking to Autumn and me. We share a look then nodded, smiling. She writes it down on the notepad she carried with her. We labeled it prom and it was going to be a whole long list of things we need and the things we're going to do.