the one with the glass fiasco.

-eight-

Kate

I open my eyes to the smell of bacon. I inhale with a smile. I sit up to see Stryder at the door with a plate of the delicious smell. "I made breakfast, come eat before you have to go to work." My entire body fills with appreciation. He smirks, leaving my room and going downstairs. I get up and dress in trashy clothes. I put my sneakers on and grab my phone. I run downstairs with excitement coursing through my veins, why I don't know. As I sit on a stool at the bar counter, Stryder gives me a plate of food, with a scowl. "I'm only being nice because my mom's been keeping an eye on me." I nod, feeling better about why he's been so nice these last two days. Well, if you count picking me up and throwing me into a shopping cart and a pool nice.

I eat quickly, then Stryder grabs his keys and drives me to the repair shop. I get out and run to the back, going inside and slipping into my overalls. I get up to the counter to wait for Eddie. He and the other guys get here and we all get to our stations. As I'm waiting for a customer I go inside to talk to Eddie. "The truck is almost done and I just need help with one thing, so today do you think I could get your help at lunch or something?" He nods. "Of course, now get back to work!" He yells playfully. I let out a laugh and get to my garage.

My first customer has a black, 1970 dodge charger. I'm literally swooning. The guy pulls in, then gets out. As I see his face my mouth drops. "Daniel?" He looks at me and smiles. "Hello Katherine, long time no see." I smile as I walk up to him. I do what I do with all my customers, I give them a rough handshake. He laughs as he returns the gesture. "I'm absolutely in love with your car," I say, dragging my palm across the hood. He laughs. "Me too." I smile and turn around, looking up. "What's the problem?"

As he opens the hood and explains the problems I take a good look at him. He had blonde shaggy hair, blue eyes, a white puka shell necklace, freckles that covered the bridge of his nose. He was quite cute, to be honest. I smile as he looks at me, expecting me to fix his car. While I'm fixing his car he watches me with interest. Once I'm done, he gives me a hug and I melt. He smelt very good, plus his hug was too comforting. He gives me money and leaves. While I wait for another customer, my phone buzzes.

Let's go out tonight, like a date. Wear whatever and I'll pick you up at your house around, let's say 7? Daniel had texted. My face warms up and a huge smile takes over my face. I put my phone away and fix the next car.

As Eddie yells, 'lunch' my break officially starts. We both go around the back and to my truck. I pop open the hood and we get to work. Once he says 'done', my heart stops. There's no way we actually did it. I scream happily and jump up and down. He smiles, throwing me the key. I put it into the keyhole, then twist. The engine bursts to life. I actually start crying. I was smiling so widely it hurt. I get out and run to Eddie, giving him a hug. He smiles. "I can't believe you did it Slick, this is amazing." I smile proudly. "You did good today, why don't you give her some gas and go drive around?" I nod excitedly. I take the overalls off, hanging them up. I clean my area, then get into the driver's seat. I drive it out of the garage and everyone claps as I drive away.

I first get gas, then I drive to Autumn's house. I honk and the door opens slowly. As she sees my smiling face she laughs and runs to the passenger's seat. "This is amazing!" She exclaims as I drive to our favorite diner. "Also, I may or may not have a date with someone tonight." I slow down to a stop at a red light. She squeals. "Oh my god when?!" I laugh. "Seven." She looks at her watch. "We have an hour for food. Then we need to go shopping, then we start getting you ready." I look at her admiringly. "You'd really do all that for me?" She nods taking my hand as I push the gas pedal. "Of course, you're my best friend. I know you'd do the same for me." I nod, I really would.