-36: Connor-Hot Lava Torture-

I assure you, this is one biiiiiig chapter!

***

-36: Connor-Hot Lava Torture!-

-Connor-

"Hey!" I exclaimed. "You give me three dares and now this! No way!"

"Yes way. Now, truth or dare?" Thalia threatened.

Shiver. That girl is scary...

"Dare." I squeaked. "But, Thalico should happen!" I smirked as Thalia and Nico blushed furiously.

"Shut up!" She snapped, the red color dissipating from her cheeks. "I dare you to climb the lava wall with a new-comer and then fall into the lava."

"B-But I'll g-get burnt!" I said.

"Good." Somebody snickered. "No you will not. Leo will give you a fire-proof coat which his girlfriend procured." Thalia said.

"Oh, Thanks a lot, Thalia." Leo said sarcastically.

"Your welcome." Thalia looked pleased.

"Fine." I turned to Leo. "Where is your 'fire-proof coat'?" I asked him.

He ran off and came back soon holding a cloth made of fibre. "Fifty Drachmae." Leo reported.

"What? Are you kidding me?" I asked grabbing my bag. "No, " Leo said.

"I don't have fifty drachmae!" I exclaimed. "I'll see in my bag." and I hurried off.

"Don't chicken out!" Travis called behind me.

----

After rummaging through everything I had which I could store money in, I managed to collect thirty five drachmae.

I begged my cabin mates if I could borrow. Three agreed. They said if they give me five drachmae each, I'll return interest as ten drachmae each. I agreed.

They handed me five drachmae each, now I have fifty drachmae. And I'll lose them. That idiot. Fifty drachmae. I'll get him back!

I scurried out of my cabin and to the Poseidon cabin. "Here you go," I glared handing him the the coins. "You didn't even make it!" I said and his face fell. Serves him right.

I struggled with the coat, and finally managed to put it on. "Hey!" Percy said. "The coat has vanished!"

I looked down, and sure enough, the coat had disappeared.

"Time for some fun!" Travis said rubbing his palms together and picking up this camera.

I signed and headed outside with Travis, Thalia, Leo and Percy.

"Hey! Go with her!" Leo pointed towards a girl.

I headed towards her direction and said, "Uh, hello. I'm Connor." And I stuck out my hand.

"Um. Hi." She said looking at me, and I have to admit, she's beautiful. "I'm Willow." She said nervously. "I came here today..." She looked embarrassed.

I smiled at her. "Well, I've got to go. See you later. Want to hang out sometime?"

The girl beamed. "Sure!" And she scurried off excited.

I trotted back to my friends.

"Hey! Why didn't you go with her?" Leo asked.

"She seems nice, and I didn't want to make her hate me." I shrugged.

"Aww! Connor got a girlfriend!" Travis teased.

"Shut up." I muttered.

"How 'bout her?" Thalia suggested adjusting her bow.

I looked over to where she was pointing. I saw a girl who was chatting with a boy, gushing and overreacting, like her boyfriend, who seemed uncomfortable.

"Like Stephanie," I said.

"Yes." Thalia agreed.

"Okay." I walked over to her and grabbed her arm and dragged her to the lava wall.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Hannah." She glared at me.

"Well, Hannah," I said, "You come with me. We are going to scale the lava wall. I'm Connor."

She looked frightened. "Don't worry, we'll be fine," I assured her.

We reached the wall and I began to climb, with Hannah at my side.

We reached half-way, when I pretended to slip and fall.

"Connor!" Hannah yelled, as I hit the lava at the bottom.

She hurried to the top of the wall and rushed off to get help, while I quickly stood up and ran away to the cabin.

"Great job!" Travis grinned at me as I entered the cabin, a frown plastered on my face. "I got it on video!"

"Yeah. Now she'll kill me." I mumbled.

"Hey!" Annabeth said. "While you were gone, Chiron said there'll be a ball!"

"What?!" Am I hearing correctly?

"A ball." Annabeth repeated. "Next week." October 5th. To celebrate the defeat of Gaea, and to put everyone in high spirits!"

Really? Awesome!  I can go with Willow!

"Awesome right?" Travis grinned.

"Yeah, awesome." I repeated.

***

And this means that this book is coming to an end! After the ball, that is!

This is one huge chapter, I'm proud! And I added a picture to the side, as a test!