Chapter 20

Toch

The gleam of the moon glinted of blood stained fangs as snarls erupted into the unsettled air of night. One set of teeth in particular seem to wink in and out of existence as they buried in to think mange covered hides that sullied the air with their stench, hot vile blood washing though them, besmirching them to a crimson color.

I tore my muzzle free of another kill and threw my head back with a victory howl. Another battle won, but I knew, as we all knew, the war is just beginning. Stories of a girl blessed by the goddess, a werewolf messiah, make they way around. The Americans always delude themselves. There is no savior.

Stepping out of the shower I move to stare at myself in the mirror. There would be another scar, just one of many, but no matter. The rules aren’t always the same you see, for every pack, everyone, for every place. Unlike with the States, fathers do not hand over the their packs to their sons.  No, here they exile them to take their own pack. It is a dog eat dog world, one where Alphas fight for the rights to anything and everything.

I smirk, my dark eyes like obsidian stone gleaming at me with humorous mirth.  Someone wants to end it all. Someone is sending those flea bitten mongrels to my doorstep. Someone wants my undying attention. It must really fucking suck to be them. However many of those little pups they send my way I am not giving on damn inch of my land to them. I am not giving them the satisfaction they are looking or. I take no prisoners and I give no lives. I do not deal in second chances– Ever! Not even for that whore.

Stretching my 6’3 frame, my brown sugar colored skin straining over a well-muscled frame. I glanced at my doorway, knowing that someone stood in it. “What is it Coalt?”

My second shifted his feet, his eyes flickering to mine before glanced at the floor in submission. “Chima cornered a Rouge–”

“Kill it.”

“The Rouge was cornered in the pack house.”

“What?” My brows furrowed and my left hand unknowingly smashed into the mirror in front of me.

“Apparently that new wolf–”

“I see,” I growled. And I did. I had allowed something inside and it had been caught like a five year old with its hand in the cookie jar. And just like all naughty children, it must be punished.  ‘Chima put the beast in a cage in the basement. Afterwards, feel free the come up with an explanation on how you missed this cockroach.’

Saying that I was angry at my third would be an understatement; I was practically livid with him. HE had vouched for the little creature, said that he had been watching her for weeks, and apparently weeks were not enough. Descending down the stairs into the basement. I raised an eyebrow as I was greeted by idiotic babble coming from on of the barred cages. Why, I do believe, yes, the crazy girl is singing about something along the lines of us all dying from the plague. What was the title? Ooh! Her scratchy voice hit a soprano. Moving so swiftly she barely saw before I reached through the bars, grabbed a fist full of her dirty and knotted hair and jerked her so hard she could barely stand and her skull cracked audibly against the bars. I wasn’t worried, her head would mend from what little damage I had done.

“Why did you come here?” My voice was butt a soft purr, but it was not of a good sort, it was dangerously calm and the calmer I got the more danger everyone around me was in. When she gave me no answer I hit her. “Why did you come here?” I repeated and would not repeat again.

The she-wolf cough, and then she began to cackle sounding more hyena than anything human. It was rather painful to listen to and set a twitch under my left eye as with anything that annoys me.