Chapter 5

It's nice to know that even though it's been over a year this pack still knows better than to be late. But they're rusty. As with a few packs that I've revisited. My pack and I though are actually better after learning and doing nothing but fighting and training for the past year. We've learned new skills and techniques and aligned ourselves with several packs.

"I hate you." Alex told me at dinner. 

"Same." Lily said.

"You guys have gotten rusty in my absence." I replied.

"And you've been learning." Jason comments.

I nodded, "My pack and I have been visiting and training with packs all over. The Red Rock pack up in Canada has particularly interesting fighting techniques. We spent 2 and a half weeks training and learning them. And they found our fighting experience fascinating. They are a little cut off but the Rocky's so every night they would have us tell them all about the different packs. They repeated requested hearing about the Blue Waters pack. Chase has become quite the Alpha."

"How many packs have you aligned with?" Tyler asked.

"A few." Trina said. "Although we didn't align with Kia's old pack or the pack up in Maine."

"Maine?" Alex repeated. "The Auburn pack right?"

Tristan nodded, "A distasteful pack. We spent 3 days there."

"What happened?" Grant asked.

"They had an issue with Trina and I." I said. "And the pack. Because our pack has females for the Alpha and Beta. They wouldn't let us train them. Everything we said was treated as useless along with us. They undermined the entire pack. They treated women like they were incompetent, and they were there because they weren't allowed education. I had fought the Alpha."

"What happened?" Lily asked.

"She won." Justin said proudly. "But we left after that."

"I can't stand that pack." Trina and I said at the same time.

"That bad?" An Omega had asked.

I nodded to her, "If you plan to defect to a pack, the Blue Waters pack is one that can always use new people."

"The young Alpha has recently shifted no?" Another wolf put in.

"That he is." Trina said.

"He's got an excellent wolf. Large as an Alpha should be at the age, and all gray. Like his mother was." I said. "He's a good kid."

"You sympathize with him." A wolf, delta of the pack, said in an accusatory tone.

"Yes." I said strongly. "It's a lot of pressure, he's done well. It's not easy being put into a high position at a young age. He was younger then I was when I became a Beta."

"My my a bitch that has a history."

"Ah Jenna, what an unpleasant surprise." I said in the same tone she had used with me. "Tell me, who is it that you seek now?"

"I still think the Alpha should see the mistake he made when he picked women." She spat.

"Which Alpha?" I asked. "Because there are three in this room." Then I turned my voice into that of an Alpha. "One of whom you are speaking with. And as with any other Alpha you shall speak with respect when talking. That extends to any one in any pack."

"I am no Omega." She hissed at me her eyes dark.

I put my hands on the table and stood as mine turned red and the silver blazed around them. "The Omegas are to be respected too. I don't not care with whom you talk to but you will not be rude. You a re a wolf. End of story. And you will treat every wolf and human as such as well. I do not stand for self-entitled snobs."