Chapter 15

Kia's P.O.V.

It's been a week since we left the Silver Moon pack. Katrina still hasn't said anything about why we left. And more importantly, Trina's absence from the pack is all too noticeable. We've been to three packs over the past week. I think Alex's is getting tired of being called Trina when we arrive. And Justin constantly glances at the truck whenever Katrina is in it, like he's expecting his long time friend to be sitting there next her. 

Tristan said it's like when she went home to his pack after they had gone to the Silver Moon pack to train them. She was empty and sad. But this... I can tell this is different. She's shattered. I feel like a tiny wind could come and she'd just fall apart. 

She's barely holding on. She's obsessed. I don't think the others can really see. But she is. The little things have shifted into a bigger picture. She's after Adrian. 

And I can't blame her. The guy has done so much to her. She has more right than anyone to want to kill him.

I can tell something else too. Katrina, she doesn't plan on surviving this war. But I won't tell. She's been through so much. She deserves to have her secrets. And she deserves to have some peace after all she's been through. 

I looked at her truck ahead of us. We're heading to Mexico. Yeah. Crossing the border is going to be a pain in the ass. I have no clue how we're going to handle our weapons but Tristan said not to worry about it. Well they did it with Canada. I guess it'll work out. 

"I'm worried about her, Tristan."

He glanced at me but kept focused on the road. "She'll be fine, Kia. Katie's strong. This isn't the first time that-"

"This time is different," I cut him off. "I know that you've know her longer but Tristan, she's hurting. She's broken. She shouldn't have to keep fighting. She deserves to go some place nice and just live a happy life."

"After the war, she will."

I press my lips together. Yeah, after the war. After the war she'll get the peace that she deserves.

I sigh and lean my head against the window. I really hope she goes someplace nice. That she'll be with her parents and all of the people that she's lost. And that she won't ever have a moment of pain or unhappiness. 

I'll keep her secret because I owe her. I owe Katrina so much. She took care of Tristan when I failed too. And she took me in from my crappy pack. She put me back with my mate. She's the greatest person I've ever meet. When I saw her I could see how strong she was. 

I guess I can see what they can't because I'm more human. Humans are perceptive. They can see. Wolves depend on a link to feel the pain. But humans don't have a pack link. They need to see to understand. 

And I guess that's why I can see what the others don't. I close my eyes and let my mind wonder. Tristan told me of his hunt when they found my pack. 

And in a way I guess that we're all hunting for something. Some for revenge. Some for forgiveness. Happiness. Peace. Life. Love. And some are hunting a for a end. A way out of this world. Of how cruel life can be. I think that's what's Katrina obsession is really about. A way out...

Hey guys, so no one commented on who's P.O.V. they wanted so I just did the first one that came to mind. I know it's short, sorry. Happy 4th!