Chapter 16

Lily's P.O.V.

There's a saying, news travels fast. But something I've realized over the past few years. No matter how fast news travels, Katrina has always traveled faster. 

It's what makes her so hard to find. Because she knows how to run. How to stay hidden. 

News of her leaving the Silver Moon pack had come days after she had left. 

And with it came one of the last people I thought I'd ever see.

"Trina? But... Why are you here- no, doesn't matter. Where's Katrina?"

"Katrina's not with us." Trina looked so sad. And what did she mean?

"Wait- us?"

She nodded and Tyler came up behind her with the same sad expression. I pressed my lips together. "I think you guys better come in. I'll get Jason."

Tyler nodded and led Trina inside. I couldn't help but notice it. He was holding her up, like she was glass, and he thought the slightest thing might break her. I have a feeling that there is a lot we have to talk about.

§•§•§•§•§

"You mean you aren't part of her pack anymore? But... Katie would never leave you behind."

Jason was pacing by the window muttering to himself. It sounded like he planned to murder Grant. And I would help. How could he? After all Kate's been through?

Trina was barely holding tears. "I'm going to kill him," she spat. 

She shook her head violently before resting it on Tyler's shoulder. He petted her hair and looked at me, "Do you have any idea where Katrina would have gone? Any way of finding her?"

I shook my head sadly, "No. Katrina's always been good at running. The only way you'll find her is if she wants to be found." But then that's not completely true is it?

"What?" Tyler asked, seeing something on my face.

"Adrian." That name never failed to send chills down my spine. It means dark. Which fits the vile man who owns the name completely. "Adrian is your best bet. She'll be after him."

Tyler nodded, "Thank you."

"Rest here for the night," I told him, "before you run off blindly. Trina, your room is still as you left it."

Tyler nodded, "Thanks."

I watched them go to the stairs and spoke again, "You can stay, you know. Trina this is your home. And Tyler, there's a place for you guys here."

He shook his head, "No. I have to find my sister. She's the only family I have left with our parents dead. I need to know that she's okay."

I sighed, "I understand. But if you change your mind, you'll always be welcomed."

He gave my a soft smile, "Thanks."

So yes it's another short chapter, the next chapter is going to be long, I promise. I'm just trying to get the story to a certain point. Oh, and I'm so happy, The Not So Sad Rejection is #663 for werewolves. I guess it's not very high but for the first book I've ever written it means a lot to me. So thank you guys for reading it and voting for it. And for sticking with me for the sequel. :')