21 ~ Nothing's Stopping Us

The sun set and the sky became dark. Kara was sitting at home wondering what to do, and what to say to Mon el the next day. She actually felt bad for Mxy, all he wanted was love. But she was also right, you can't force love. It has to find you.

There was a couple knocks on the door. Kara got up and opened the door to find Mon el looking down playing with his hands. "Hi." She made out.

He smiled lightly. "Hi." He greeted softer. He gestured to come in. "Can I uh... Thanks." He smiled after she nodded and walked through the door.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that, um, your awesome." He walked in further and turned around to face her, who was walking towards him after he closing the door. She silently laughed and looked down. "No you are. You out-tricked the most cunning intergalactic trickster, and did it your way, without violence. Which I never should've doubted because you're... You know, you're you." He complimented.

She looked up and smiled. "Thanks." She laughed.

"I also wanted to say, I'm sorry. For acting like an ass." He apologized. "And I've given it a pot of thought, and I have realized um... That you are my Kryptonite."

"Me?" She muttered confused.

"Well uh... No, I mean um, My feelings for you." She explained confused himself. "I've never felt like this about anyone, in my life. I didn't know that there were this many feelings to even be had" he turned around and started walking away into the next room.

He turned back around to her slowly following him. "My emotions, I guess, they made me like of crazy." He chuckled.

"Yeah..." She agreed. "I totally get it, yeah."

"Anyway, I'm really glad you're okay. And I'm really, really happy you didn't marry that guy." He sighed relieved. They both laughed

"Me too." She looked up at him with her arms crossed.

"Anyway um... I'll get... I'll get out of your hair." He shrugged and started walking back to the door.

"Wait. Don't go yet. Please." She interrupted stepping in his way. They stood only inches apart now.

"I get that you were upset that I wasn't listening to you and I... I tried really, really, really hard to listen to you this time." He stammered looking down into her eyes. "And I heard that you... You don't think that we belong together, and I respect that." He narrowed his eyes as she shook her head.

"No, but Mxy wasn't the only one I tricked. I didn't mean it." She shrugged softly as she looked at him. Their eyes didn't peel away from each other. "I just said it so you would let me go. To protect you. Plus, he could have been listening so..." She smiled and walked past him deeper into the house.

He puzzled on this and turned around. "Wait, so you didn't mean any of that stuff that you said?" He asked.

She turned around to look at him. "Well, the first but about your infuriating male ego, that part I meant." She laughed.

"Okay, okay." He muttered and started walking towards her slowly.

"But the second part about us not being a match... I didn't mean that."

He stopped walking when he was only a could feet away, and they stood by the couch. "Wow." He whispered. "No, you're good. You are good."

She laughed as her eyes flitted around him. He took another step. "Well you, got rid of Mxy..."

"I did." She nodded.

"That means nothing's uh... Nothing's stopping us." He said standing right next to her.