3 ~ Beautiful

"That couldn't have been more awkward." Came a voice from the house. Kara spun around and saw Alex standing in the doorway. Kara walked over with her face covered in blush. "So you are going to Homecoming?" She asked confused.

"Yeah, I guess." She stammered. Alex smiled and gave her a light hug.

"Come in." She invited. Kara walked inside with Alex's arm over her shoulders. "Mike, huh?" She said sarcastically.

"It's just a dance." She rolled her eyes and put her sweater on the coat hanger.

"So what if it's just a dance? Love is found in many strange places." Alex lowered her eyebrows with sarcasm.

"Hey Kara!" Eliza greeted. "How was school?"

"Kara has a date." Alex called back.

"Ooh." Eliza said interested.

Kara rolled her eyes again. "It's just to the stupid Homecoming dance." She bickered.

"Aw, Homecoming..." Eliza pranced into the room. "That's where your father and I had our first kiss." She sighed.

"Eww." Kara gagged.

Eliza gave her a glare. "You can gag all you want, but I'm telling you, it was magical." She corrected gracefully. Alex and Kara giggled and walked into the kitchen. "Anyway, there's some leftovers in the fridge if your hungry."

She opened the fridge and had some.

When Mike got home, his brother knocked into him. His adopted brother was 11 and always trying to get him in trouble. Pulling pranks on him and their parents. They were rich so it was almost as if he never left Daxam. But on Daxam, he was a prince and was treated like royalty, because he was royalty. So they lived in a big house, but sadly had no Butler. His brother tugged him into the house to help him with his homework. Mike fell asleep with his head on the table. He had some drool dripping onto the table making a paper stick to his face. He was exhausted from everything happening at school.

****

Homecoming day finally came. Everyone at school was excited and preparing for the dance. Winn was going with Eve, Lena was going with James, Alex with Maggie, and Kara with Mike. They all were happy about who they were going with, except Kara was nervous about going. She was sitting on the couch waiting for Alex to show her the dress she was wearing.

Alex stepped into the room with a beautiful velvet dress that showed one leg in the front. It had dark white gems on the front that shined with the white, and her long dark hair was back in a tight bun. Her eyes were coated with black eye shadow and eye liner, with her lips dipped in red lipstick.

"Wow Alex, you look amazing." Kara stuttered. Alex blushed and hid her face.

"It's just Homecoming. Wait until you see my Prom dress." She said regaining her wits. Since she was a senior, and Kara was a junior, they had different proms. Kara, Mike, Lena, and Winn are all in their junior year of high school. The rest were in their senior year. "Your turn." Alex gestured to their room. Kara got up and went into their room to change.

When she was done, she stepped into the light slowly to reveal her dress. It was a baby blue color, tight all the way down to her waist. It spread out and made a wavy open dress at the bottom that dragged on the floor in the back. Her dark blonde hair was pinned to the side in waves. Her eyes were lightly splattered with white and light blue eye shadow, and lips were painted a deep red color. Alex was in awe.

"Kara you look--" Alex began.

"Beautiful, girls." Eliza sighed walking in. She took out her phone. "Pose girls." They did a few proper, then a few silly poses. The door bell rang. Eliza ran to answer it.

The door opened and Maggie was standing there in a short black dress. "Hey guys." She waved.

"Come in." Eliza insisted. She stepped in and got a look at the sister. Her mouth dropped open.

"Holly hell you two. You didn't have to dress up that fancy." She complained.

"You look great too." Alex nodded. Maggie apologized and they hugged. They left together for Homecoming.

The doorbell rang again and Kara suddenly remembered her earrings. She ran into her room to put them on. Eliza opened the door to find Mike in a black and white tuxedo, carrying a bouquet of roses. "You clean up nicely." Eliza complimented. He smiled and thanks her.

Kara walked out of her room and in front of the door. She brushed off her dress and smiled. Mike gulped down the lump in his throat and went pale when he saw Kara. Eliza fake coughed and tilted her head towards the flowers. Mike snapped out of it and handed Kara the flowers.

"Aw, you didn't have to." She blushed and smelt the flowers.

"Oh yes he did." Eliza said and took the flowers. "Thank you very much."

"Mom." Kara said in embarrassment.

She rushed off into the next room and put the flowers in a vase that she had already prepared. She came back with her phone out. "Come in so I can take a picture of you two." She waved him in. He stepped inside and stood next to Kara.

He didn't know what to do, neither did she. So he put one of his arms around her waist and waited for the picture. "Say: cheese, you love birds." Eliza playful ordered. Kara cheeks sprouted roses of brighter blush. The flash went off with both of them smiling in that classic prom pose. After a second, she lowered her phone with a smile. "Cute." She beamed.

Kara urged to go. Mike removed his hand. "Can we... Leave, now?" He asked slowly.

"Of course." She spat. "You know the rules?" She warned.

"Yes, ma'am." He answered. Eliza let Kara leave, but stopped Mike.

"Keep your hands where they're supposed to be, no funny business." She directed. He nodded his head in agreement. "Most importantly, give her a good time. She hasn't in ages."

Which was true, the last time she had a boyfriend was a year ago. But he cheated on her with a cheerleader. It was all because she wanted to take things slow, but he just wanted intimacy. When he wasn't drunk, he was fun and made Kara happy. But she broke up with him after she found out that he cheated. Mike has only dated a few girls, he treated them right, was dumped by all of them. It was about half a year since he's last dated anyone, mostly because of how busy he's been.

Mike smiled and nodded. "I understand." He said seriously. Eliza looked at him from head to toe.

"You don't look the type anyway." She smirked. Mike pointed his thumb towards Kara. "Yes, you may go. Wait, did you drive here?" She worried.

"No. I uh, I walked." He answered calmly. She nodded and let him go. Mike walked over to Kara and watched his arm around hers. "You look beautiful by the way." He complimented.

"Thank you." She smiled. "You too."

Kara realized that was the wrong thing to say. "Not beautiful, your handsome." She stuttered. She shook her head again embarrassed. "Wait, I meant--"

"I get what you meant." He interrupted subtly. He blushed lightly and kept walking with her.