11 ~ Led Rash

Mon el breathed deeper with his heart pounding in his ear. Kara was standing next to Lena with her eyes wide. She stepped in the circle next to Mon el.

"What? No. That's crazy." She lied obviously.

"Ya know when you lie, you get a crinkle right up here." He pointed to his forehead.

"No I don't." She argued.

"You're crinkling right now." He pointed to his forehead.

"I don't have a crinkle." She shook her head.

"You are crinkling at the moment." He smiled.

"Excuse me." Lena interrupted their bickering. "As much as I love a good argument between an old married couple... He's still alien Kara. You've been dating an alien." She asserted.

Kara almost stumbled back, she never knew Lena was so against aliens. Her head spun. "Does it matter?" She asked sternly. Everyone seemed stunned. "Well does it? It doesn't matter if he is or not. We don't treat people differently because they look different, or they're a different race. America is all about accepting one another for who we are and what we do." She defensively said to Lena. Lena stood there with her lip quivering unknowing of what to say.

She took a step back slightly shaking her head and took James's hand. Everyone was silent, all you could here, was the wind, everyone was holding their breath waiting for what would happen next. "He's not a person." Lena said in a threatening tone. She walked away with James, he turned his head mouthing and apology to Kara.

The two looked around at the shivering teens who had a look of disgust on their faces. Some with fear racing through their eyes. One by one they all walked away, leaving only Kara, Mon el, Winn, Alex, and Maggie.

Winn was frozen in what seemed like shock. He snapped out of it quickly. "Do you have powers?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah-" Mon el began to answer.

"Like what, Heat vision, flight, super strength, invisibility?" He interrupted. Winn was kind of feeling out about the whole alien thing, unlike everyone else.

"Wait, hold on. Your not freaked out or anything?" He puzzled.

"What? No." He waved away. "Kara told me she was one about a year ago. Plus Superman's a alien and hero, who doesn't love Superman?" He smiled.

"Uh... Yeah, yeah I guess so." He stuttered.

"How did you even manage to keep being an alien a secret? You couldn't hold your tongue about you and Kara for even a day." Alex furrowed her eyebrows together.

"Yeah, well... That's different." He looked at her almost seeming upset.

"How exactly?" Maggie chimed in.

"Not the point!" Mon el raised his voice. He took a deep breath. "You're all ok with it?"

"Yeah." They all said.

"It doesn't matter, like Kara said." Maggie shrugged. "It's really what you do that matters." She added.

Kara took his hand trying to calm his nerves. "You okay?" She said in a soothing voice.

"Yeah..." He smiled. "I think this is all going to work out fine." He sighed.

They all talked some more and later went to a pond. They saw that was frozen over and started dancing around on it. Whenever Kara would fall, Mon el would help her back up. Winn had just gotten over Kara, he had a major crush. He had liked her ever since they met, everyone knew though. Everyone except for Kara. Now their just friends, Winn felt like he was put into the friend zone. But he soon realized that it was for the best. At the frozen pond, it didn't seem like any of them were dating. It just seemed like they were all a bunch of good friends. After skating for a while, they went into a small cafe. They were pretty empty seeing they could all find a spot at the counter.

They got some cocoa and pastries to warm them up. After, the day was pretty much over. They all went home, Alex and Kara walking together. "I think we did good." Kara said to her sister, arm over her shoulder.

"You think so?" She replied.

"I know so." She smiled. Alex looked at her and gave her a goofy smile. Kara did too, they both knew what they were talking about. When they got home, they were tired. But they watched an old movie and went to bed satisfied with their day.

****

They next morning was a school day since most of the snow had melted away during the night. In English class, Mon el went up to the front of the room to get his graded test. Once the teacher saw him getting closer, her eyes widened and scooted his test to the edge of her desk with a ruler. He rolled his eyes, took the paper, and went back to his seat. People were passing notes. Texting, posting, Using almost any way to communicate to discuss the drama of Mon el and how he was an alien. Everyone was shocked, and when the team found out... They didn't like it.

When he was walking to his locker, everyone stared. He opened his locker and out came a huge spilling pile of led dust. His skin reddened as it got closer and touched the back of his hand. He itched it in pain, the irritation of the led speed across his hand to his arm. Everyone laughed. The football players walked up behind him, some even stood taller than him. The biggest one threw his football jersey at him annoyed.

"I don't ever wanna see your face on that feild again." He demanded. Mon el gulped down the lump in his throat. "Got it?" He questioned. He nodded fastly and watched them walk away still making fun of him.

Kara was walking with her friends, when one of them stopped after seeing Mon el's devistated face after getting kicked off the team.

"He's such a crybaby." She taunted. The other girls laughed.

Kara furrowed her eyebrows together. "No he's not." She mumbled.

"Yes, he is. And he's an alien." She said snobbishly. The others giggled again. "How can you even stand dating him? Being near him for that matter." She went on.

"You're so rude." Kara protested. " How could you even say soy like that?"

"Because it's true. Plus we've been friends since like..." She snapped. She thought for a moment. "Since my mom's been seeing your mom for like doctor stuff." She smirked.

"What?" Kara puzzled.

"Oh yeah. You don't know." She narrowed her eyes.

"Know what?" She said impatiently.

"I wasn't gonna say anything... But all this alien and truth stuff has got me thinking." She continued. "My mom, she wanted me to be friends with you, so she could get a discount on the stuff your mom gives my mom." She smirked.

Kara stepped back. "No..." She began unwilling to finish.

"Oh yes." She corrected. "And now... I'm done with you."

She smiled at Kara and started walking away. "Come one girls." She waved for them to catch up. The girls s to standing on both sides of Kara hurried and stood beside her. They all walked away leaving Kara standing there alone in the middle of the full hallway. She snapped out of her daze and realized the pain on Mon el's face at his locker.

She ran over and saw the red rash on his hand and arm. "What happened?" She gasped at the rash and pile next to him. He had his eyes squeezed shut in pain and was scratching his red skin. "Mon el?" She repeated.

He opened his eyes grateful to see Kara. He gulped down some oxygen. "Led." He answered quickly.