6 ~ Forgiveness?

They said their fair wells and went their separate ways down the lonely hallway. They stopped their tutoring sessions, which gave them both some extra time that they didn't know what to do with. Mon el thought he would use them for sports and studying. But instead he just sat at the table in his house and thought.

Mon el's Point Of View

Sitting at the table with the d light shining over me got me thinking, maybe there's more for me. Kara said that I should go to college. I don't know if that's really me thing though. I'm just a football jock, almost most popular kid in school. Honestly I don't know why everyone is so worked up about needing to fit in, and being population. I think it's better to just be yourself.

I ripped out a piece of paper from my binder and started writing. I don't really know what about though. It was a story I guess. About a refugee on earth. It wasn't me though, my story is boring. There's nothing to tell. I was sent here in a pod, got stuck for 17 years, and started living with the Matthews as their adopted son. I was traumatized as a child, but things got a bit better over the years. I was sent away when I was 16. Then lived here for a year, still in my second year actually. So ya, not interesting. I was up for hours writing, I used to think it was lame. But now that I really got into it, it was fun. I don't think I could be a journalist though, writing down all facts with no creativity. Not for me. It might be Kara's dream, but not mine. Almost all night I was up. I wrote until I passed out on the table. Tomorrow was gonna be rough.

Kara's point of view

I finished up my homework and walked out of my room into the kitchen. No one else was up, I was the last one awake. And I just realized that it was a school night. I groaned and walked back into my room. I got into bed and went on my phone. I noticed my storage was full so I went through my photos and deleted some. I came across some from Homecoming. It was a picture of me and Mon el. He was wearing his goody smile and making me laugh. That put a grin on my face. I swiped though some more. There was some with Alex and Maggie, all of us. And then there was one more where Mon el was kissing my cheek and me sticking my tongue out at the camera. I didn't quite remember this one. The camera made our eyes glow slightly red with the flash. I smiled, he made me so happy. Like all the time. Except when he told me where he was from. He's from Daxam! He's supposed to be a drunk Playboy. But... he's not. He's kind and witty. He's actually really smart, he may not see it, but he is.

No one's point of view

"Whatcha lookin at?" Alex said from her bed across the room.

"Nothing." Kara answered quickly.

"Really?" She lowered her eyes.

She gave in. "Fine." Kara admitted. "I'm going through Homecoming photos. You caught me." She put my arms up in defense.

She stuck her arm out gesturing for the phone. Kara rolled her eyes and tossed her the phone. She started scrolling through the photos until she came to the last one. Her eyes widened and and the smile widened across her face. "Okay, that's cute." She turned the phone to Kara. "You two look so good together." She whined looking back at the picture. She tossed back the phone, which Kara gradually caught.

"It was just one date." Kara complained.

"Yeah, but a good one." Alex argued.

Kara turned off her phone and put it on her mantle. "We should go to sleep." She sighed.

"Fine." She agreed and fell right asleep.

Kara stared at the ceiling for a while, thinking about the photo and the test. Most of all, the tutoring. They wouldn't need to do it anymore. Which meant they didn't have any excuse to go there. And she was doubting that he would ever want to hang out with her after they way she reacted when he told her where she had come from. She needed to apologize. Streaky hopped up on her bed and walked next to her head. He meowed and laid down by her head. Kara smiled and like she practiced, pet his soft dark fur gently. He pured loudly in happiness. Kara fell asleep against the cat shortly after.

****

The next morning was normal, the same as always. When the girls got to school, they split up like usual. Kara got a glance of Mon el at his locker. She took a deep breath and walked over gripping her books. When he closed locker door he saw Kara's face.

"I got to go to class." He pointed to the empty classroom, clearly just trying to get away from her.

"Wait." She began. He turned to her, the bags under his eyes big and eyes bloodshot. "Woh, how late were you up last night?" She asked staring up at his eyes.

"I'm not sure, really late." He answered weakly.

"Doing what?" She questioned.

"Writing." He yawned.

"Writing what? A report?" She rolled her eyes.

"No." He snapped. "A story." He murmured.

"No way. Can I read it after your done?" She said excitedly.

"When I'm done. Please don't tell anyone." He lowered his voice volume.

"No problem." She smiled. The bell rang and everyone went to class. Mon el started walking away. Kara put her hand on his shoulder. "Actually, that's not why I wanted to talk to you." She stuttered.

"I'm listening." He turned around.

She looked down at her feet for a moment and then up at him. "I wanted to apologize for how I acted at Homecoming." She said almost sounding sad. "I didn't mean to just storm off like I did. I shouldn't shame you for being a Daxamite, it's not your fault. I'm proud of being a Kryptonian, and I hope your proud to be who you are too." She gave him an apologetic smile.

"Thank you." He nodded. "I'm sorry too. I've been such a self absorbed ass ever since I got here." He apologized.

"Not a complete ass." She corrected. He gave a soft laugh, she laughed with him. "Do you forgive me?" She asked.

"As long as you forgive me." He smiled. They shared a quick hug and rushed to class. They were finally friends.