16 ~ Football Team

Mon el's Point Of View

I watched her face scrunch up as I denied her. "Your father would be so disappointed in you." She slipped out.

"Well that's a first." I agreed. "Hey, didn't we treasure happiness on Daxam? I would've never been happy with you. Why don't you understand that?" I began to argue.

She looked around, her eyes flitted around me with worry. "Leave this planet mother." I ordered.

She looked back up at me and lightly smiled. She stepped closer and tilted her head to the side. "Why, you are just a prince. You have no real voice yet. Come back to Daxam with me, and you shall be their king." She bribed.

I stepped back. "You have not changed Rhea. And you never will." I snapped. I never call her Rhea, and I usually never would. "Go rule by yourself god damnit." I said angrily.

She stuck up her nose snobbishly. "I thought I raised you better than this, better than these people. But it turns out, you're just like them. Maybe you deserve to rot on this planet, since you love them so much." She sneered. I nodded in agreement, which she took no care factor to. She beamed herself back to the ship and I actually felt hot tears rise to my eyes. I held them back, but that's all I wanted to do: cry. My father was dead.

No one's Point Of View

Mon el started walking back in the direction towards the Matthews house. Once he knocked on the door, his parents answered and embraced him.

"After seeing that girl on the news we thought-" the mother began. "Well I don't know what we thought." She finished gratefully. The walked him inside and sat him down at the table in the kitchen. He told them about his parents and how his father had died. About Kara, more about life on Daxam. All of it.

After, it was getting late and they sent him to bed. All he could think about what Tasha and his father. He thought they. Connected, but he couldn't figure out how. He eventually fell asleep with those thoughts swirling around in his mind.

****

After a long lazy Sunday, it was back to school. It was a regular morning, a bit slow, but normal. The girls got on the bus waiting to get to school. After talking and mourning all Sunday and Saturday, Kara felt a lot better. Mon el too. But some of Tasha's closest friends were still devistated and bawling their eyes out. Mon el hopped onto the bus and sat next to Kara. He let her be on the outside of the seat, he had no idea why she wanted to be there, but he let her do it. She leaned back on him with her head on his chest. She just wanted to be happy, to feel comfortable. His arms were around her and hers around him. They stayed like that the whole bus ride.

When the bus got to school they got off and headed to class. They got their stuff and met in the middle of the hallway. They joined hands and started walking down the hall slowly together. They passed Tasha's locker that had her picture on it and flowers, gifts, and decorations all around it. Kara stopped in front of it and put a sparkly pink pencil with feathers on the end in the memorial. She stared at the picture and sniffled. She walked back to Mon el who had his hand out for her to take. She looked at it and then up at his face. She took his hand and kissed his lips lightly. She pulled away and started walking with him again.

The bell rang and they headed for their class. Both did surprisingly well in class that day seeing everything going on. It was because they were trying to distract themselves from their surroundings.  All the things happening and the deaths they didn't want to focus on.

After school they began walking home, but we're stopped. The football team stepped in front of them with their arms crossed. The two stopped in their tracks and glared at them.

"Ahem." Mon el coughed. The team captain replacement stepped up to him. He stood a few inches taller than him, since Mon el was 6 feet tall, and the captain stood at 6 foot 4. Mon el looked at him head to toe. " I guess they let just about anyone join the team huh?" He retorted.

"Watch it." He spat.

"Can you move out of the way now?" Kara broke in.

"Sure princess. You can go, it's your boyfriend we want." He snarled at her.

"Oh yeah? What for?" He shrugged.

"We wanna fight. Man to man, or is it, man to alien?" The captain sneered.

Mon el bit his lip and looked at Kara. He looked back at the captain. "I'm sorry, I just really don't want anyone to get hurt. And by anyone, I mean you." He smiled in sass. "Move along now." He said.

They began walking again. The boy stepped in front of them again. "Man, did not make myself clear? I said, I wanted a fight. But maybe you're just too much of a woos to even try." He tried again.

"Can we not right now?" Mon el insisted.

"We're fighting right here, right now." He snapped.

Kara furrowed her eyebrows together in defiance. "When he says he doesn't want to fight, that means that you should back off." She defended him, stepping closer.

He laughed. "You think your so tough huh? Well you're just a sad little orphan girl with a bunch of fake friends. For Christ sake, you're literally dating an alien that can bite your face off at any moment. I bet he lays small alien eggs all up inside you when you two get all, hot and steamy." He taunted. Kara's face softened and stared up at him less defensively, Mon el suddenly seemed less secure. The captain looked at both of their faces knowing why they looked the way they did. "Ahhh, you two haven't had that yet?" He scoffed.

The rest of the team started laughing along with their leader. Kara became angrier and lifted him by the collar of his shirt. "Does it matter what we do, or what we don't do on our own time?" Her eyes full of rage, warming up with heat vision slightly. She realized what she was doing and dropped him instantly. She backed away towards her boyfriend worried about what she had done.

"Daaamn." A football player said in awe. "Your girl's strong. Work out a lot I'm guessing?" He asked.

"Yes." They both answered.

"Gym sessions, yoga and stuff like that." Mon el blurted out.

The captain nodded. "Fine. We'll post pone the fight." He declared. The team started walking away, when the cap turned around and shouted, "And next time, I want all that stupid ass virginity crap out of your system. I want to fight a real man. Close to a real man anyway, since you're a dumb ass alien who's protecting their freak show for a girlfriend."

The team started laughing and walking. They were still throwing nasty comments and jokes at him even after they were far enough away that he couldn't hear them. Mon el felt hot tears rise, but he hald them back again and kept his arms around Kara, watching the team walk away.