9 ~ Horizontal

The next month was pretty hard for Kara and Mon el, with people watching their relationship. Kara finally invited him over to her house. No one was home. They had the houses to themselves. Kara dropped her stuff down onto the floor beside the coat hanger, where they both put their coats. She sat down on the couch, he followed and sat next to her. She stared at him.

"This is a nice place." He complimented.

"Thanks." She nodded.

He looked over at her and smirked. "Come here, you." He growled and launched himself at her. He placed his arms around her back, hers were around his neck. He started pulling her in and kissing her slowly. They did that, him starting to lean over her so they were semi horizontal on the couch. They came up for air every minute or so. He was almost fully on top of her, when someone walked in.

"Oh!" They exclaimed. They both pulled off of each other, Mon el accidentally bitting her lip. When they looked up, they saw that it was Eliza. "I'm so sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine. It's just, what-are-you doing here?" Kara stuttered rubbing her lip.

"I was just walking to my bedroom after entering the house." She answered with a smile. "Is this your boyfriend?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah, we were in the middle of something.." she gestured to Mon el. She snapped out of it. "This is Mike, remember?"

He waved with an awkward smile. She nodded and waved back. "Kara, can I talk with you for a minute?" She moved her eyes back to her. Kara got up and walked with her mother into the kitchen, leaving Mon el alone. "Horizontal." She stated.

Kara became confused. "What?" She puzzled.

"I found you two, horizontal on the couch. I wonder how awkward this conversation would be if I were a couple minutes later." She answered concerned.

"But Alex-"

"I don't need to worry about Alex. Because she's with another girl, but with you, you are with a boy." She interrupted. "Remember when we had, the talk."

"Yeah..." She mumbled.

"Remember what happens when a girl and boy love each other?"

"Can we not do this right now." Kara said annoyed. "There was nothing happening but lip contact. Besides, I promised you that I was gonna tell you before it happens." She begged.

She squinted at her daughter in disbelief. "Fine." She sighed. "I believe you." She admitted.

Kara smiled. "Thank you." She said happily.

"Now you should probably get back to your boyfriend." She winked.

Kara rolled her eyes and went back to Mon el. "Sorry, I think I bit your lip. It was an accident." He apologized as soon as she walked in.

"You sweat heart." Kara laughed. She walked over and sat in his lap. "It's fine, but I prefer not to be bit next time."

"I'm sorry." He said again.

"I'm fine." She waved. "Would you wanna stay for dinner?" She quickly suggested.

"I'm sure the fam wouldn't mind." He shrugged.

"So is that a yes?" She asked again slowly.

"That's a yes." He assured. "I'll stay for dinner." He smiled.

"Yay." She grinned and cupped his face with her palms. She gave him a kiss and leaned her forehead on his.

"Girls, dinner!" Eliza called from the kitchen.