12 ~ Couches

After Kara took Mon El to the nurse, the school let them get picked up from school. Mon el's parents picked them both up after Kara got permission from Eliza after texting her. They drove to their house. Kara laid Mon el down on the couch and put a wet rag on his forehead. Kara told the Matthews that she was an alien that was from the sister planet of Daxam, so they thought it was best if she could stay and help. She texted Eliza that she was staying the night to help Mon el. The living room had two small couches across from each other, Kara moved them a little closer so she could be closer to him while he wasn't feeling good. He's never been sick before like Kara so it was difficult for him to deal with. It wasn't really sick,  it was led poisoning. Kara was worried sick about him, the Matthews too. It was lights out and everyone was in bed, but Kara was finishing up in the kitchen.

Kara's Point Of View

I stood in the kitchen staring at the few dishes in the sink. I placed down my glass on the counter and walked into the living room. I walked over to the couch where I had set up my bed. I laid down and covered myself with the big heavy blanket to stay warm. Looking in front of me, I saw Mon el sleeping with sweat dripping down his face and onto the pillow under his head. I felt horrible for him, he looked so sick and pale. The only thing that would affect me that way was kryptonite, and Cal el had hidden all of it that was in the world. So that made me feel even worse about the situation, because I knew that I would never know what he was feeling. The pain and led coursing through his vanes that made him look so vulnerable and hurt.

I threw the blanket off and pushed my couch closer to his so they were almost touching. I got back under the blanket and reached out towards him. I took his hand and closed my eyes, morning was going to come and he was going to wake up. I will wake up in the morning with him next to me with that big goofy grin of his, and his light blue eyes will dance with life. And I can imagine waking up with him there smiling, we'll kiss and hug, then get ready for school like every other day. I was sure of it, that's what was going to happen. I needed that to happen. I needed for him to be okay. I loved him.

****

When I came to, the light beamed over my eye lids, making me have no choice but to open them. But my hand didn't feel the warm grip of Mon el's when I first stirred. I opened my eyes to another empty couch across from me. I panicked and flung myself to a sitting positive, then launched up to my feet and starting looking around. The couch across from the one I was sleeping in, had a neat folded blanket on it with a pillow resting on top of it. I calmed down telling myself that he had cleaned up his spot and was in the kitchen probably eating breakfast with his family. I took a deep breath repeating the solution in my head. I walked into the kitchen brightly to find Mrs.Matthews on the phone with a look of worry on her face. And Mr. Matthews sitting at the table with his fist covering his mouth looking completely distraught.

I stepped closer wondering why they looked the way they did. "Okay." Mrs. Matthews said on the phone. "And you'll let us know if he turns up?" She asked on the Phone. She listened for her response. I heard it too, because of my super hearing.

"Yes, of course ma'am." The man on the other end assured. "I'm sure he'll come around."

"I sure hope so." She nodded. "Take care." She smiled and hung up the phone. I froze, realizing who they were talking about.

They both looked at me. I gulped down the lump in my throat and took another breath. "Was that about Mon el?" I asked softly.

"Yes dear." The woman answered. Her smile waned.

"I'm sorry, he just... vanished. We have no idea where he is. Do you have any idea where he might be?" Mr. Matthews chimed in.

I stared at her with no breath left to answer. Where would he have gone? How was he even able to go anywhere in the condition he was in. Unless... he didn't go anywhere. His parents wanted him to go back to Daxam to be their prince, Mon el told me what they wanted when we were at school. "Sweety?" Mrs. Matthews said almost nervous.

"Uh, no." I answered quietly. His parents must've taken him. Bot the Matthews obviously, but the King and Queen.

I got my backpack and got ready for school, I couldn't solve this mystery on my own, and I certainly couldn't handle it by myself. Plus I had a big day ahead of me, with all the worrying about Mon el, and doing school work without stressing too much. I started walking to school. I just hope that he's okay.

Mon el's Point Of View

I opened my eyes to a bright light. But it wasn't the yellow sun, it seemed like a hospital light. My arm felt normal, like all the stinging from the led went away. I slowly stood up and looked around the room that I appeared to be in. It looked all too familiar to be a dream, and felt much too real. I stumbled of the stiff mattress that I had been laid on. I walked out the door of the bright room and into the hallway. I had been there before, it almost felt close to home. I wandered down the hall into a big room with a huge glass window. I walked over to it and placed my hand on the glass. Outside of it was Midvale from a far distance. It was beautiful. The way the light hit the buildings just right to make them shimmer. It reminded me of Kara.

Everything soon became clearer and clearer, I was in a spaceship. And not any ordinary spaceship, my parents. I looked around to see Daxamite technology. My parents kidnapped me? I stared out the window in panic.

"Beautiful view isn't it?" Came a subtle voice from beside me. I swiveled my head to the voice, and my mother appeared next to me. "Almost reminds me of home." She sighed.

She smiled and looked at me with joy. My father stepped out of behind her, to beside her. "Where are you taking me?" I asked angrily.

"Home my son." My father answered happily, looking from me, to slowly turning his head to the wide window. "Home."