Chapter 25 - Warmth

The school day flew past in the blink of an eye. I hung out with Yoshida-kun and Akito and it was like the fight had never even happened. I was really glad that it wasn't awkward to talk to each other.

Though the day had went past quickly, the thought that Fuuto had kissed me appeared in my mind very often. Whenever it did, I just shook it off as "I'll deal with it when it becomes a problem" and I secretly hoped that it never would. I know I'm getting better at dealing with my problems, but, for now, the Fuuto incident was just too much for me to overcome.

As soon as the bell rang, I was rushing to pack my things and get home as soon as I could. Akito and Yoshida-kun noticed my haste and questioned me on it. I thought of straight out telling them that Sora was coming, but the reaction to Sora last time was a bit, well, troublesome, so I concluded it was best not to tell them straight up. At least, not yet.

"We're having a guest tomorrow, so I need to make some preparations," I said happily.

The two left it at that and said their goodbyes, and I ran on home. Everything at home was normal. Ukyo was preparing dinner, and I went to ask him where I could get a spare futon for Sora. He directed me to a storage room, leaving me to decide myself, urging me to be careful and call if I needed help. I told him that I'd be fine and that he worries too much. I heard him mutter something along the lines of "With you guys, I don't think I worry enough".

I took out the futon and carried it up the stairs. It wasn't all that heavy so I managed to get it to my room with relative ease. I went back down to get a blanket and pillow. I closed the door and told Ukyo that I had gotten all the things I needed and thanked him.

I went to my room and flopped onto the bed. Knowing Sora, he'd come bright and early. He's always been one to get up early in the morning. He would often tell me how playing during day time was a lot funner than playing at night, and that we should enjoy the sunlight. Needless to say, Sora's probably the only reason why I'm not pale as a ghost from lack of sunlight.

I thought of a bunch of things we could do, trying to factor in what the other brothers might like to do and the fact that they might want to meet Sora. Which, considering Sora was as charismatic as he was, would definitely happen.

I also hoped that my brothers would get along with him, because sometimes Sora could be a bit much, and, as far as I'd experienced, so could my brothers.

Then, because the world doesn't want me to be happy, the thought of Fuuto kissing me popped into my head for probably the millionth time since it happened. How would I tell Sora about what had happened? Would I even tell him? But I've got to tell him, I can't keep a secret from my best friend.

So I spent a while considering it, which was usually how I dealed with my problems. But my step-brother had kissed me and that's a possibility I hadn't considered nearly enough. I mean, I came to this household somewhat wary of all the males, but I thought, "They're family, surely it wouldn't actually happen." But, no, it did indeed happen, and I was going to have to work my way around this sooner or later.

My mind flew back to the before and during the incident, rather than the after I'd been pondering on so hard.

When Fuuto kissed me the first time, I resisted as much as I could, I knew that, but the second time around, I let it happen. But why? For the life of me, I couldn't seem to find a reason for my action - or rather, lack of it.

I decided that enough was enough, I'd been agonising over this for too long. I needed a distraction. I'll draw, that's what I'll do. I decided to try drawing all my brothers as anime characters, which was actually very fun.

I became so enthralled in my task that I didn't notice how much time had passed until someone knocked at my door, and I jumped, startled. I went to answer the door and Fuuto was standing in front of me.