Chapter 24 - Response

I closed my eyes. Is this really happening?

Fuuto pressed his lips gently against mine. They were so incredibly soft. His scent wafted around me and I could smell his shampoo on the cool breeze.

My knees grew weak and my arms lost the strength to resist his hold. Everything else became void, and I was enveloped in this moment.

I don't know how much time passed before Fuuto drew away from me. He released my arm and placed his hand on my cheek. He ran his thumb over my lips.

"You're not very good at this, Yui-chan." I just stared at him blankly, still not thinking straight.

"Is this by any chance your first kiss?" he mocked.

That struck a nerve. "No!" I replied quickly. Too quickly.

He threw his head back and laughed. I felt my face glow all shades of pink.

He calmed himself and returned his gaze to my eyes. "I guess I'll just have to teach you, then."

He took my face in his hands, leaning in once more and putting his lips to mine, kissing me very sofly. I can feel - somehow - that Fuuto doesn't have any intention of hurting me.

And so I didn't resist. At all. I let Fuuto kiss me.

I guess it's not such a bad thing that Fuuto was the one to take my first kiss. I found myself thinking.

He pulled away and I opened my eyes, not remembering when I had closed them.

"Let's keep this a secret, okay, onee-chan?"

With that, he just walked away, leaving me there, stunned.

I sunk down onto the floor and put my hands over my mouth. I was just kissed by Asakura Fuuto, one of the hottest teen idols around. My first kiss was with one of the most wanted guys on the planet.

I should be happy, right? Ecstatic? Jumping for joy? Instead, I felt an incredible and unexplainable pain in my heart.

I breathed in and out deeply. It'll go away. It'll go away. It WILL go away.

Picking myself up off the ground, I walked back onto the pathway and stood there. What should I do? What should I do... I walked home, part of me still not believing what had happened, and another part of me wondering how I was supposed to respond to it.

I could tell Fuuto that I don't see him that way... But it's not like he confessed, so saying that would probably make things worse. I can't really tell Ema or any of the brothers about it. I couldn't avoid Fuuto.

I entered the house, pretending to be as happy as I always was. "I'm home!" I called as I entered the dining room. Ukyo was preparing dinner, as usual, and replied to my greeting.

"Ukyo, I already ate, so please don't worry about serving for me."

He nodded and smiled good-naturedly. I went up to my room and, luckily, didn't pass by anyone else. I lay on my bed for hours, hugging my large stuffed dog, thinking of the best possible way to avoid this becoming a big problem. Thinking of how I was going to talk to Fuuto again. Thinking about whether or not the other brothers would be like this. Somewhere along the way, I fell asleep.

I woke up really early the next morning. I tried to go back to sleep but I was restless as everything I was thinking before I fell asleep rushed back to me. I decided to have a bath to relax myself. I filled the tub with water and shampoo to make it very bubbly. I took off my clothes and eased myself in.

I think it's been about a month since then. So Sora should be coming tomorrow. I felt a smile creep onto my face. I can't wait! I lay there for a while, my skin becoming wrinkled like a prune. Time to get out.

I rinsed off the soap and slipped into my school clothes. I plaited my hair into two side braids. I made my bed and went to arrange my desk and noticed a sheet of paper. I picked it up. It was the Career Pathway Survey. I didn't know who to ask to sign it since Dad was away... Masaomi maybe? I decided to ask one of the brothers about it later.

I snuck downstairs and went out to the courtyard. Like I'd done many times since I got here, I climbed the tree. Cushioned deep in its braches, I watched the sun rise. A few birds awakened and chirped at me curiously. I held my finger out to one and it climbed onto it excitedly.

I brought it to my face and it tilted its head questioningly. I put my finger to my shoulder and the bird hopped on. All the birds hopped onto me one by one, abandoning their wariness.

Soon enough, the smell of breakfast emerged from the house. The bird on my shoulder hopped onto my finger and I placed it on a nearby branch. I lifted myself carefully and all the other birds hopped off. I climbed down the tree and ran to the house, the birds chirping their farewells.

I had breakfast with the few brothers that had woken up. I gave a sigh of relief when I heard that Fuuto was asleep.

When I brought my dishes to the sink, Ukyo asked me if something had happened yesterday, because I was acting a little strange. I knew I couldn't tell him what had actually happened.

"I... Um. I wasn't sure who to ask to sign my Career Pathway Survey form, since Dad's not home..."

Ukyo looked happy that it was something he could help with. "You can ask Masaomi."

I smiled brightly. Though it wasn't my biggest problem right now, it still bothered me, and I was relieved that it got solved quickly. "Thank you!" I reminded Ukyo that Sora was coming over the next day.

I went to Masaomi and got my form signed and also told him that Sora was coming tomorrow.

Then I grabbed my bag and left for school. I couldn't stop smiling all the way there. I was so excited that Sora was coming over.

-----------------------------------------

Like always, you guys have been absolutely amazing with all the votes, follows, adds to reading lists and comments. :')

Behold: Chapter 24. I feel like this chapters a bit awful compared to all my previous chapters, so I hope you guys forgive me. I'll try and write a really good chapter next week!

Comments, suggestions and requests are all welcome!