Chapter 23 - He Wouldn't... Would He?

I flew through the rest of the day as if I was floating on a cloud. I'm really happy that Yoshida... -kun. Argh, I can't shake that old habit! I keep trying to call him Yoshida, but I always forget. But he doesn't seem to mind. He's become gentle again and reverted to the old Yoshida. Well, there's still a little bit of the possessive side of him, but I can tell he's trying really hard.

Akito also seemed to be in a good mood. He full on tackled Yoshida-kun when we'd entered the classroom during lunch. He ruffled Yoshida-kun's hair roughly and laughed at his protests. "Does this mean you two have made up?"

The way Akito said it sounded very... knowing. Something about it told me that he wasn't just talking about today's fight. I decided to just take it as it was.

"Yeah, we have."

"Well then, to celebrate this momentous occasion, let's go somewhere after school!"

I considered it for a while. Well, can't hurt to take a break every once and a while. "I'm game. What about you?" Akito and I both looked to Yoshida-kun.

He closed his eyes, debating with himself deeply. "I guess... I could go." He opened his eyes and smiled.

"It's official then! Akito, think of somewhere to go before the end of school."

"Hai!" Akito stood up straight and saluted. The bell rang and we made our way to our seats for our next lesson.

When the bell rang for the end of our classes, Yoshida-kun and Akito stood by my desk and waited for me to pack away my things. I stood up and pushed my chair in. "Shall we begin our journey, dearest companions of mine?"

"Yeah!" Akito shouted enthusiastically and fist-pumped. Yoshida-kun laughed.

"So, where are we going?" he asked Akito.

"Let's get ice-cream!"

We changed out of our indoor shoes and went to the shopping district to buy the ice-creams. We found this really nice place that was pretty cheap and bought our creamy delights there.

"It's our turn to order," Yoshida-kun informed us. Akito and I looked up from the ice cream we were staring at so intently. If Yoshida-kun hadn't told us, we'd probably be standing there all day.

I ordered the cookies and cream flavoured ice cream, Akito ordered bubblegum and Yoshida-kun ordered vanilla. We sat by a nearby fountain to eat.

We talked about random things and laughed together. Akito was messing around and being silly. At one point., he tripped and almost went head-first into the fountain, but Yoshida-kun and I caught him when his face was literally 1 centimetre from the surface of the water.

His 'near-death' experience, as he called it, calmed him down a little and we continued talking. When it was quiet, I remembered what Akito had said earlier and decided to ask him about it.

"Did Yoshida-kun tell you about what happened in the past?" I asked nonchalantly. I wasn't mad or upset about it, I was just curious.

He laughed awkwardly, knowing he'd been caught out. He rubbed his head. "Hehe, yeah... He did."

They both hung their heads, looking extremely guilty.

I patted them roughly on the backs. "Wow, guys, are you going to go into a depression over that? I just wanted to know."

They looked up at me and smiled gratefully.

"So, are you two tight?" I looked at them both.

"Well..." Yoshida-kun started.

"We've actually been best friends for 4 years," Akito boasted proudly.

"3 and a half," Yoshida-kun corrected mockingly.

"Same thing!" Akito replied, flustered.

"Naw, you two are like a married couple, it's adorable," I teased.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a figure leaving a CD/DVD store. I recognised those clothes and shades.

I stood up and brushed myself off. "Well, I should be going."

They both smiled and waved. "Bye Yui!"

I quickly went back into the ice cream store and bought two more cookies and cream flavoured ice creams, and dashed off after the figure.

When I was within a good distance I jumped in front of him and shouted "Boo!"

He fell back in shock. "Watch where you're going, mor-" he stopped when he recognised who I was.

"That isn't the way you should talk to your oh-so-wonderful onee-chan who went to the trouble of getting you some ice-cream, now is it, Fuu-chan?"

He groaned and lifted himself off the ground. "I'm an idol! I can't eat sweets just as I like! Do you want to ruin these gleaming set of jewels?!" he exclaimed, gesturing to his set of perfectly straight, gleaming white teeth.

I blinked.

"See, you understand now? Stop being stupid and don't ever-" he trailed off as I jammed the ice cream into his mouth, smiling sweetly.

"What's that, Fuu-chan? I don't think I can quite hear what you're saying." He tried to continue talking even as I held the ice cream in his mouth.

"Oh, you like the ice cream? It's really nice, isn't it?" I released the cone and he pulled the ice cream out of his mouth and was coughing and spluttering.

He started going off about his looks and cavities and it would be the end of his career if he ruined his teeth. And that, heaven forbid, he would gain calories.

"You idiot, you can't just do that! I have an image to uphold. Do you think it was easy to maintain these teeth? And the calories I would gain! Oi! Are you listening?"

I pulled out my phone and read my messages. "Not really, no."

"Don't act all high and mighty! Stop-" I turned on my camera, walking backwards to take a photo of Fuuto having his tantrum.

I showed it to him. "I call this one 'Maybe after he eats that ice cream, he'll have a big butt to match his big ego'."

"Hey, delete that! Oi, don't just take pictures of me as you please!"

"I'll do what I want," I said as I finished my ice cream. His complaints were getting a little annoying

His voice changed. "Oh really? Then I guess I'll do what I want as well."

I felt him stop walking, and I stopped walking too. I turned around. In his hand, he held the serviette that had been wrapped around his ice cream. He'd eaten his ice cream, despite his protests. My eyes moved to his face and he gave me a scheming smile.

Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and turned into an alley. He tugged my arm, forcing me against the wall. He grabbed my other arm and held both my arms up against the wall, pinning me in place. Sure I was shocked, but I did try to get out of his grip. I tried. But I couldn't

"Fuuto... What are you... doing?" With the hand he had free, he removed his shades and looked into my eyes. A single hand of his was holding back both of mine. Fuuto was strong. I didn't know he was that strong, and to be honest, it frightened me.

"Yui, the fact that we're going to be siblings soon... Isn't going to hold me back."

"What do you mean?" I knew perfectly well what he meant, I wasn't an idiot. I was just hoping he would take this opportunity to stop what he's doing, because I have a sinking feeling that this was going to turn into something really really big.

"We're not related by actual blood. I can torment you all I want. There's nothing wrong with what I'm about to do."

My eyes widened. He wasn't actually going to do it, was he? Surely not. He wouldn't... Would he?

He leaned in...