Chapter 4 - Friend and Foe

Subaru pulled me into the bathroom quietly.

"Sit," he ordered, gesturing to the countertop. I complied and heaved myself up.

He opened a few drawers, taking out patches, disinfectant and swabs. I looked in the mirror and held my hair back to examine the scrape. It covered the far right side of my cheek, where my bangs had concealed it well.

I winced as Subaru wiped at it with disinfectant. "Sorry," he said, the guilt in his eyes evident.

"Don't worry, I'm strong!" I said, flexing my biceps, earning a grin from Subaru.

It was silent for a while, then I spoke up.

"So, are you a basketball player?" I inquired, peering at him expectantly.

"Oh, u-uh, yeah," he stuttered, unprepared for the sudden question.

"That's awesome! Ne~ You should play with me one day, I'm actually quite good," I said, beaming with pride.

"S-sure," he said, happy with the invitation.

"Great, we'll go as soon as possible! Oh, and I have something to give you. Come to my room later," I said nonchalantly, not noticing the blush on his face.

He stuck the patch on my cheek and pulled back. "Done."

I jumped off the countertop. "Awesome! Thanks a bunch, Subaru!" I beamed.

"You're w-welcome." He scratched the back of his head and looked away from me. "U-um, w-what should I call you?" he asked nervously.

"I'd prefer something like 'Your Majesty' or 'Yui The Most Awesome Person On The Planet Ever' but just Yui's fine too," I smiled at him, then turned around and jogged out of the bathroom. I proceeded to Ema's room and, upon opening it, I saw a few boxes open and unpacked, but Ema, along with Juli, was nowhere to be seen. I saw a note on the bed:

I'll be in the living room.
-Ema

I walked straight to the living room to see Ema speaking with someone. "Hello," she said nicely.

The person she was talking to walked towards her. He was wearing a black blazer over a pink-and-white diamond-patterned cardigan. He had white hair that covered his right eye and a beauty mark under his left. I was admiring his beautiful violet eyes and started walking down the stairs when he suddenly hugged her.

"It's a nice to meet you hug~!" he said as his arms wrapped tighter around her. I felt sorry for Ema, she wasn't use to these things. After thinking about whether to pull him off her or join in, I smiled and jogged up to the two and joined in the hug, hoping to calm Ema down and allow her to relax, knowing I was there.

He looked up at me in surprise. "You don't want to leave me out, now do you, newest sibling of mine?" I said and winked.

Out of nowhere, a boy with dark purple hair, fringe covering his left eye, a beauty mark under the right, wearing a black blazer over a blue-and-white diamond-patterned shirt with a tie and glasses punched him and he fell to the ground. He had the same beautiful violet eyes of the boy with white hair. Ema stood dumbfound for a second while I raised an eyebrow at the perpetrator.

"Sorry about Tsubaki. My name is Azusa. Please take care of me," Azusa said.

"That hurt you know, Azusa~!" Tsubaki whined. He looked to us, then threw his arm over Azusa's shoulders. "Do we look similar?" he smiled.

"We're twins," Azusa added.

Ema and I looked at each other. "Ne~ Don't we look similar?" I asked mischievously, pulling Ema toward me,