Chapter 3 - Introductions

The car pulled up in front of the Sunrise Residence and I gaped at the "apartment building". That thing wasn't an apartment building, it was a freaking mansion!

I turned to Ema and saw that she'd dozed off on the ride here. I poked her, still gaping. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me drowsily. I looked at her, to the building and back at her and pointed at the castle we were going to be living in. She moved her head to the side to get a better view, since I was sitting in her way. Her eyes widened at the sight of it. "It's beautiful!" she said in awe.

I closed my mouth, realising that it was still hanging open and that I probably looked like an idiot. I thrust open the door and hopped out, a little dizzy from the sudden movement. "I have arrived!" I shouted dramatically, throwing open my arms.

I saw that the moving van had already arrived and a man, a young boy and the mover man were staring at me, surprised. I ran up to them and introduced myself. "Good afternoon, fellow mortals. My name is Yui Hinata and my sister-" I turned around to see Ema only just getting out of the car. "Excuse me for a second," I said as I ran and grabbed her arm, pulling her to them. "And my sister and I will be living here starting today! Please take care of us!~" I said and bowed.

"Please take care of us," Ema said shyly and bowed with me. We straightened up to see them staring at us. I looked at them and smiled charmingly. The little boy, who had strawberry-coloured hair and the cutest outfit cracked a smile.

"Wow, my onee-chan are so pretty! Ne~ They look the same, just like Tsuba-nii and Azu-nii!"

"Aren't you just the cutest thing!" I said, elated at the compliment. I picked him up and twirled around and he laughed cutely. I was smiling and laughing with him and decided to put him down before I got too dizzy.

I looked up to the man with a white coat, brown hair and a handsome face. He was smiling gently at the little boy, who was holding my hand with a big smile plastered on his face. "We've already moved your things up to your rooms."

"Thank you very much," Ema said politely.

"I'm Masaomi, the eldest son. And this is Wataru, the youngest. Please take care of us."

I've come to the conclusion that Masaomi's a nice guy. And by the looks of it, so has Juli, who was looking approvingly at him from the ground.

I sprinted to the house and stopped suddenly. I turned back to Ema and the brothers. "Race you to the top!" I said with a grin and pelted to the stairs.

"I'll win! Watch me! I'm the fastest!" Wataru shouted and ran after me.

Ema and Masaomi glanced at each other, realising that they were falling behind. They turned and ran after us hurriedly.

I bounded up the stairs two steps at a time, Wataru slowly catching up to me. I reached the top and reached for the door. I tripped on the final step, crashing through the door and falling flat on my on my face.

"Owwwwww. That hurt. A lot," I complained, laying in the same position I fell.

"Uhh, are you okay?" a voice suddenly asked.

I threw my head up to see a boy with greyish hair wearing a sports jacket looking down at me, a little confused. "Yeah, I'm good," I said, repositioning my face on the floor.

"Are you sure you're o-" the boy started to say but was interrupted by Wataru, who ran up the stairs with a worried expression on his face.

"Onee-chan! Are you okay?" he asked, bending down next to me, placing his head on the floor to see my face.

"I'm good. I'm chill. Doesn't hurt. Not at all," I answered and picked myself off the floor, sitting cross-legged in the place I had just fallen. I looked up at the boy wearing the sports jacket and he stared at me for a bit before averting his gaze. Is that a hint of a blush I see?

He glanced at me through the corners of his eyes and turned back to me. Seeing that I was still on the floor, he extended his hand and I grabbed it and pulled myself up. "Thanks," I said.

"No problem," he replied plainly.

"Oh, my name's Yui Hinata by the way, I'll be living here with my sister from today. Please take care of me."

His eyes widened. "Oh, you must be our new sister. I'm Subaru." He straightened up. "I-it's nice to meet you."

"Now, now, Suba-chan, no need to be so formal," I said and put my arm around his shoulders. He was a little shocked. I looked to see Masaomi and Ema rushing through the doorway from the elevator. They looked at me and smiled lightly.

"I guess we lost," Masaomi said.

"Ne, ne. Masa-nii! Onee-chan tripped over the stairs and fell!" Wataru said, still concerned about me.

"Don't worry Wataru-chan, I'm fine!" I said convincingly, flashing a toothy grin and giving him a thumbs-up, my other arm still around Subaru's shoulders.

"That's good, onee-chan!" Wataru said, visibly relieved. Ema looked relieved too as Wataru ran up to me an hugged my legs. I removed my arm from Subaru and grimaced as the pressure on my leg increased. Nope. Doesn't hurt. Not even a little. You can do it, Yui. Hold on a little bit longer, I willed.

I saw Subaru throw a worried glance at me. He saw my reaction. He knows I'm injured. Please, please, please don't say anything. Thankfully, he remained silent.

"Come on, Wataru. They need to unpack their things, let's go," Masaomi said, gesturing that they should leave.

Masaomi, you beautiful thing. Thank you so much, I thought, silently thanking him.

I turned to walk to my bedroom when Subaru grabbed my arm. I looked at him, surprised. "The side of your face is bleeding," he said, his face reflecting his concern.

"Oh, no, I'm fine," I smiled. He wasn't fooled.

"I'll fix it up for you, now come on," he said, pulling me to the bathroom.

Ema looked at me questioningly. "You go on ahead, I'll catch up with you!" I called behind me. She nodded and walked away.