Chapter 10 - Together

I woke up to someone knocking on the door.

"Yui? Are you awake? It's almost dinner," the person said.

I blinked a few times, dazed. Fuuto was still fast asleep, leaning on my shoulder. He... said something in his sleep last night... What did he say again? I racked my brain, but I just couldn't remember. I shrugged it off. It was probably nothing. I reached over and shook his shoulder gently.

"Fuu-chan... Come on... It's time to get up," I told him as he opened his eyes reluctantly.

He lifted his head off my shoulder. "Stupid Yui, I was having such a nice dream, why'd you have to ruin it?" he said moodily.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry, but we need to go eat now. You need your nutrition since you're going to do some concerts soon. I need some food 'cause my stomach's eating itself, so I think food's a good idea. Be moody later. Dinner first."

Even in his half-asleep frame of mind, he still managed a smirk. "Are you prepared for punishment later?"

"Fine. Whatever. Just let's go," I said as I got up. I took his hand and pulled him up, and we walked to the door.

The person continued knocking even as we made our way to the door. "Yui, everyone's already downstairs, do you think you could get up now? They'll be waiting for-" I opened the door before he was able to finish his sentence.

"Sorry, A-chan! I was sleeping like a log. Thank you for waking me up!"

"It's okay. Now, should we go-" Azusa started, stopping mid-sentence as Fuuto opened the door further, staring nonchalantly at him.

Azusa was silent for a moment, then continued, unpertrubed. "Should we all go to eat with everyone now?"

"Yessir!" I said stepping out dramatically. "Onward, soldiers!" I declared, pointing right. I stood there for a few seconds, but neither of the brothers moved.

"Uh, Yui?" Azusa asked slowly.

"Yeah?" I replied, still pointing.

I heard Fuuto stomp over to me. He placed his hand firmly on my head, and twisted it so I was facing left. "This way, idiot."

"Yeah, I know! I was... I was just testing you guys!" I spluttered. I jogged in front of them and spun on my heel, facing them. Fuuto was facepalming, Azusa smiling politely.

"Well, shall we go?" Azusa asked, interrupting the silence. Oh thank God for Azusa.

We made our way to the dining room. Everyone was talking and laughing around the table. I took a quick head count. Masaomi, Ukyo, Kaname, Iori, Subaru, Tsubaki, Yusuke, Wataru and Ema were all sitting at the table. When they saw us, everyone smiled.

"Sorry we're late!" I said sheepishly.

"Please don't worry about it. Have a seat," Ukyo said nicely.

"Come sit next to me!" Tsubaki and Kaname said together, motioning to the chair between them. I saw them frown at each other, then look back to me expectantly.

"Sure!" I said, and began to walk to the seat. As I was walking, Fuuto grabbed my arm, pulled me away from them and sat me down in an empty seat away from Tsubaki and Kaname.

Kaname looked displeased and Tsubaki was slightly angry. "That's not fair!" Tsubaki stated.

"Indeed, Fuuto, that was playing dirty," Kaname added.

"Well get over it," was all Fuuto said as he plopped himself beside me.

Kaname and Tsubaki began to bicker, but Ukyo scolded them, telling them that the dinner table was not a place for petty arguments.

Everyone ate their dinner, and convesations soon started up again. I gave a sigh of relief. Oh good, I thought that it was going to be awkward.

"Yui, how was your first day of school?" Masaomi asked with his gentle smile. Man, how many ladies could he take down like that?

I thought about the events of the day carefully. Honestly, it was really awkward, but I didn't want to tell him that. However, I didn't want to lie either. "It was... Eventful," I said, adding a smile to make it believable.

"Everyone was talking about you, Yui. You're really popular," Ema added, facing me, the looking to Yusuke. "Right, Yusuke-kun?"

Yusuke looked at me, then Ema. "Yeah," he said and looked back down to his food.

What's up with him?

We finished dinner and everyone went to do their own thing. "Onee-chan! Onee-chan! Do you want to play games with me and onee-chan in the living room? Ne~ Ne~ Please?" Wataru begged, tugging on the sleeve of my shirt as I was walking to the stairs.

I knelt down beside him and gently placed my hand on his head. "Gomen, Wataru-chan, but I have to go study now. I'll play with you another time. Promise."

His eyes welled up. He rubbed his tears away with his fists and nodded. "Okay, onee-chan."

"Ne~ why are you crying?" I slowly patted his head.

"I really wanted to play a game with onee-chan but I'm just getting in the way!" he sniffled and sobbed a little.

My heart clenched. So... Cute... I took Wataru in my arms. "You're not in the way. You're my precious little brother and I love you. Please don't be sad."

"O-okay," Wataru managed, controlling his sobs. "But..."

"Yes, Wataru-chan?"

"P-promise that you'll play games with me later?"

I smiled happily. "Of course!"

I lifted him up onto my shoulders. "Get ready!" I said to him, then dashed off to the living room. He started laughing and flapping his arms like a bird.

"Ne~ I'm flying! Look, Fuu-tan, I'm flying!" he shouted as we passed Fuuto. Fuuto smiled in our direction. Not smirked, smiled. That was a first.

When we got to the living run, I started running circles around Ema. Wataru was still laughing.

"Well, well, Wataru-chan. Time to get off." I heaved him off me and placed him down. "See you soon!" I waved and ran off, Wataru waving me goodbye with all his strength.

I ran to my room, taking out all of my books. I've studied this material. I know it off by heart. That's still not enough. I need to do more.

I looked up to my photos of Sora.

I promise we'll be together again, Sora. Even if I have to do this every day, I don't mind. I'll do whatever it takes.