Chapter 23- Who knew finding a dress was a challenge?!

“This is the hardest challenge yet!” I moan, as Hannah throws another stunning dress over the door of the changing room I’m in.
The two of us had found an amazing boutique and now we were having the hardest time trying to choose what dress to wear tonight.
“What do you think?” I ask, coming out of the changing room in my latest dress, it was bright green, short and strapless.
“A little, bright.” Hannah mumbles, taking up the role of my stylist, she’d already found her dress, it was a beautiful white Grecian style one that had cute small diamonds on the bodice and bottom of it that glinted when she spun, it was breathtaking.
“Ok, there’s one more left.” I say, and head back to get changed into a red dress, made from soft flowing material.
“Wow.” Hannah gasps as I come out of the changing room. The dress hung perfectly on my figure and suited my slightly tanned skin, it had a boat neck and the loose chiffon cascaded down in waves until it reached my waistline where a red silk sash was tied in a loose bow, then the material continued to fall to just above my knee.
It was perfect.
“Thats the one.” Hannah agrees and I head back into the changing room to grab my stuff, there was no need to get changed out of this dress, since I’d be wearing it to the concert.
“Now, shoes.” Hannah says and we both walk over to the racks of heels in the boutique.
Hannah picks out a pair of heels covered in silver glitter, and I pick out a bright red pair.
“How about we wear out converse to the concert, and once we’re a few meters from the venue we put them on.” I say as we head over to the counter to get our stuff.
“Sounds like a good idea.” Hannah replies.
“Hi there, we’re getting two dresses and two pairs of shoes.” Hannah says to the lady at the counter and she scans our clothes, yeah one perk of this challenge is that we don’t have to pay for anything!
If only it was like that in real life.
“Now...time for hair and makeup!” Hannah says happily as we head over to a hair and makeup salon, this mall had it all.
“Yay!” I shout, not caring if anyone hears, because there was hardly anyone in here, either the teams had found other malls, or we we some of the only girls who were up to the last challenge. There were a few other teams in here, but we haven’t had a run in with any of them.
“Welcome ladies, what can we do for you today?” asks a pretty woman who looks about twenty-five when we enter the salon.
“Oh, can we have our hair and makeup done?” asks Hannah, and the lady smiles at us.
“Of course! Both of you take a seat, your stylists will be with you in a minute.” She replies, leading us over to some comfy black leather chairs.
“This is awesome.” I sigh as I lean back in mine.
“I know right.” Replies Hannah, reclining next to me. The salon had such a relaxing atmosphere, they had One Direction music playing softly in the background, the room was a warm chocolate colour, and there were soft golden lights placed strategically in the room.
“Hello, I’m Rita, your stylist.” Says a woman coming up behind me, she had wavy black hair and tanned skin.
“Hi! I’m Shauna.” I say, and she smiles at me.
“What would you like me to do with your hair?” she asks, I turn to see that Hannah is deciding what to have done too.
“I don’t know, what do you think?” I ask, twirling one of my chocolate brown strands of hair that went down to my elbows.
“It’s your hair.” She says.
“Uh, can you put it in a bun at the back, and leave a few strands loose?” I ask.
“Sure sweetie.” She says and begins to work.
------
A few minutes later my hair is pulled back in a pretty bun and the loose strands have been curled a little which looks really cute.
Hannah sits next to me as we get our make up done and her hair long hair has been weaved into a fishtail plait that falls down her back.
“Look up.” Says the makeup artist as they do my eye pencil and mascara.
I have to make funny facial expressions for the next ten minutes, but soon enough I’m done.
“Wow.” I say, looking at myself in the mirror, my skin looks flawless and my eyes look big and bold with baby-doll mascara and a smoky eye with a hint of red that compliments my dress, my lips are in a bold red as well and I’ve got to admit, I’m looking pretty...well, hot.
“Wow Shauna! You look hot!” says Hannah, summing up my opinion as she looks at me.
“Same to you!” I say, her eyes have been done in an ice blue and sliver eyeshadow pallet and she also has baby-doll mascara on, and her lips have a light pinkish lip goss on them.
“Thanks!” we say, waving to the stylists as we head out of the shop.
“Well, time to go to the concert!” I say, clutching our bag of stuff tightly in my hand.
“Time?” asks Hannah.
“Six o’ clock.” I say, great, we had two hours left to get to a venue that was like half an hour away.
“Yay! Lets get going then!” says Hannah as we dash over to an escalator to take us to the ground floor of the mall.
“Burr, it’s a little cold out here!” says Hannah as we step out of the mall and into the evening air, sadly even though we are in an arena they’ve decided to make the temperatures drop at night.
Why couldn’t they have just kept it at, say, twenty degrees?
--------
We are about ten minutes away from the arena when I feel the iPhone vibrate in our bag.
“Why would they be texting us?” asks Hannah, as I pull the phone out of the bag.
“No idea!” I say, wondering why myself.
Maybe it could be another challenge or something?
But my mood instantly drops when I read the text, and I feel ready to burst into tears.
“What? No!” gasps Hannah, reading the text.
1 new message.
Hi Shauna and Hannah,
Paul here, just letting you know that the first seven teams have already arrived, so you will not be going to the concert tonight. Your names will still be put in the wildcard draw.
From unknown number.

“But, it’s not even eight o’ clock!” I gasp.
“I thought we were going to be early!” I say.
Before I can break down into tears, a voice in the back of my head says something that makes me stop ‘Why would they text us to tell us that?’ I think.
“Maybe it’s a set up, Hannah, maybe we still have a chance!” I say.
“Why? Paul has already texted us!” she says.
“How do we know it was Paul?” I ask.
“I don’t know!” she says, getting really worked up.
“Shall we text Niall to ask if it’s true?” I ask.
“No, let’s just call him instead! I wan’t to know straight away!” Hannah yells.
“Ok, just don’t cry Han, we don’t want your makeup to get ruined.” I tell her, and dial Niall’s number.
I put the call on speaker phone and we wait for a few short seconds until the phone clicks signifying that someone has picked up on the other end.
“Hello?” asks an Irish voice on the other end.
“Niall!” I gasp.
“Yeah! Shauna and Hannah is it? Why are you calling?” he asks.
“Uh, well, we got this text from Paul.” I start.
“Yeah...” He says.
“And it said that the seven teams have already arrived, and that we won’t be able to go to the concert and stuff, but it was from an unknown number so we don’t know if it’s legit.” I explain.
“Wait, I’ll just ask him.” Niall says, and we hear a few bumps and some muffled talking.
“Nope!” says Niall happily.
“What do you mean?” I ask.
“He never sent out a text! And there are no teams here yet!” he says.
“Really! Oh thanks so much Niall! But if he didn’t send the text, who did?” I reply, breaking into a smile.
“No idea, whoever it was shouldn’t be in this competition, thats horrible to do what they did, but we’ll figure that out later, get down here guys!” he says.
“Ok, thanks! Bye!” Hannah and I shout and end the call.
Then we both turn to each other and say one word.
“Alessandra.”
Who else would do that kind of thing?
“No time to worry, let’s get to the concert!” I yell and the two of us dash down the streets in our stunning dresses and converse.

A/N

ohh...bad Alessandra! :D -or was it even her? who knows!

so how are you all? hope you are having a great day/night!

yay! they got to talk to Niall!!! :D

what do you think is going to happen next?? :O

don't forget to fan/vote/comment!

xxxxxxxx

love you all!

you light up my world like nobody else!xx