Chapter 18- the second arena.

A/N thanks for all the feedback so far! sorry, had a long weekend! and didn't go on!!! :D but here's the next chapter for you!!! xxxxx

comment/vote/fan! love you all xx

“Holy carrot!” I yell, hugging Tyler furiously, then I let go of him to jump out of the bush we were hiding in, to do a few victory jumps and cheers for myself.
“Shauna calm down!” Tyler says, coming out of the bush a few seconds later.
“Why, Tyler? I’m one step closer to Niall!!!” I yell, continuing my victory cheer.
“Thats good! But what do we do now?” he asks, striding over to me.

Ladies and um..er...guy, please make your way to the pick up point closest to you, a hover craft will be there to collect you within the next two minutes.

Says a voice over the arena’s loudspeaker, answering our question.
“It’ll be there in two, it’ll be there in two.” I sing to myself as Tyler and I walk over to the pick up point a few meters away from us.
“It’s going to be so awkward on this hovercraft ride.” I say to Tyler as we wait.
“Yup.” He replies, popping the p.
You see, once we get on the hovercraft thingy, it’s going to take the sixty of us back to an airport where there are two planes.
One plane will take thirty of us, (including Tyler and I) to our next arena, and another plane will take the thirty tributes that didn’t get a carrot, back to the training center so they can watch the rest of the games and still be there for the victory ceremony at the end of the games.
“Oh, here we go!” I say as a hovercraft appears in the air above us and a ladder drops down for us to climb.
“Ohh! It’s like the Hunger Games! We’re going to get stuck to the ladder and they’re going to pull us up!” I yell, excited, and Tyler just rolls his eyes at me.
But sadly it’s not like the Hunger Games.
We have to climb this ladder.
“Are you freaking kidding me?” I yell as I struggle to climb the rope ladder thats swinging a little in the breeze.
“Only a few more rungs and then we’re up!” Tyler shouts from a few rungs above me.
“Ok.” I mumble, climbing the last rungs.
A few seconds later we come up through a hole in the hovercraft and as we enter all we can hear is awkward silence.
“Woah.” I mumble, the plane is about half full and I can see many familiar faces, the faces of some girls trying to contain their happiness at getting through to the next round, but failing miserably because they are grinning from ear to ear, and the devastated faces of the girls who didn’t find a carrot.
Tyler and I take a set of empty seats next to one girl and when I turn to see who it is I let out a little scream.
It’s Alessandra, she’s going to murder me, I can tell, or at least be mean.
But instead she squeals, “Shauna! How are you babe? Did you get a carrot?”
I just give her a ‘What the hell?’ look and she winks slyly at me, and then I realize she’s being unnecessarily nice because Tyler is sitting next to me.
“Sure did sweetie, what about you?” I croon back, two can play this game.
“Yes! I’m so excited! I wonder what the next challenge will be!” she replies, flipping her long brown locks over her shoulder.
“Mmm, sweetie, me too.” I mumble, and then turn to have a conversation with Tyler, which totally annoys her and I feel her evil wee eyes trying to burn holes through my back.
It won’t work sweetie, eye burning never does.

Soon enough we’ve picked up all sixty tributes and we reach the airport in no time at all.
“Wow, so I guess we get to find out who else has gotten through!” I say to Tyler as we board the plane to go to the second arena, it was really sad watching the girls who didn’t get a carrot get on the other plane, but if I want to marry Niall, it must be done.
Tyler and I are some of the last tributes to board the plane because I insisted that we went to buy some food - Niall would be proud - and we grip each others hands tightly as we step  through the door of the plane.
“SHAUNA!” a bunch of girls yell, and I realize it’s the rest of my district.
Amy, Azure, Sarah and Ashley are all grinning at me with two empty seats next to them, I dash down the isle and nab one next to Sarah, letting Tyler take a seat in between Ashley and I, and Ash shoots me a smile.
Aren’t I just the sweetest?

-------

“I can’t believe all of ‘lil old district N2 are through!” I say to them as the plane shoots through the sky.
They’ve blacked out the windows again, so we don’t know where the arena is, but oh well.
“I know right! We’re one step closer to marrying our dream guy!” squeals Amy.
“Yup, we totally are!” I reply.
“So, did you all enjoy your time in the first arena?” I ask, drumming my fingers against one of the arm rests to the beat of One Thing.
“Yes, it was amazing!” sighs Ashley, then she turns to Tyler and strikes up a conversation with him. I wiggle my eyebrows at the two of them and Amy, Sarah and Azure all crack up laughing.

We spent the rest of the flight chatting about what we had gotten up to in the arena but eventually the plane came to a stop and I ended up in those mini under ground rooms, that are underneath the arena. Again.
“So Sprite, what am I wearing this time?” I ask, as she eyes the tank top and shorts I’m wearing from the other arena, yup, they didn’t give us anything to change into in there, luckily we had bikinis and lagoons, otherwise I might not have survived.
“Oh! You’re going to love this outfit!” she squeals and hands me a pile of clothes.
I quickly get changed and stare at my outfit in the mirror.
I’m wearing a pretty white sun dress that falls just above my knees, with green converse high tops.
“Cute!” I say to Sprite as she secures a green headband in my chocolate brown hair.
“Ok, so the colour of your converse and headband signifies which guy you are competing for, I can’t tell you much, but when you get up there you will be put into teams.” She tells me.
“Anything else I need to know?” I ask her.
“No, not really, you seem pretty calm about this challenge, but don’t let your guard down!” she instructs.
“Ok!” I reply and lean in to give her a quick hug.
Then I head over to the capsule and step into it as I hear the voice over the intercom say...

Ten seconds until take off.

Once I’m inside the capsule I brush down my dress and straighten up my headband, so I look picture perfect, and then the capsule shoots upwards.
For a few seconds all I can see is blackness and then there’s a circle of light at the top that gets bigger and bigger as I rise.
The capsule slows down as I near the top and I let out a gasp as I survey the second arena.
Or should a call it an arena?
“Ohmigosh.” I mutter under my breath.
Because this arena, looks like London, there’s the eye and all, but then all the shops look like One Direction merch shops, and there’s a huge arena, for like a concert or something.
I must be in 1derland.