Chapter 3 part 7

We arrived in front of a beautiful average size turquoise house. On the veranda were beautiful striped aqua blue cushion wooden chairs.

I loved the colour of the house. It was very unique. Not many people in saint Bella had turquoise painted houses. Come to think of it, his house was the first turquoise house I have seen.

“Have a sit.”  

I sat down while he went into his house.

I thought he would have invited me in but apparently not.

Two minutes later he appeared with a tray of drinks.

On the tray was a Vita malt can, a glass and  a glass of some liquid, looks like rum.

He handed me the can and a glass.

“Sorry, I do not have any other drink to offer you.”

“It is ok , I love Vita malt.”

“Good.”

He picked up his glass and I smelt the rum.

“What are you drinking?” I asked him.

“Appleton and Cranberry.” 

I wanted that drink instead of the malt. After the day I had today and yesterday , a little rum would do good. Not that I was a drinker.

“What’s wrong?” He asked me

“Nothing.” “Um, do you mind giving me a glass of Appleton and cranberry please?”

As soon as I asked, I regretted the question. He is a teacher; he is not going to give a minor liquid, especially a minor which is his student.

But to my surprise, he took the can and the empty glass and went to get me a glass of Appleton and Cranberry.

He soon came back with my drink.

Unlike his, my drink wasn’t full to the brim but it was filled half way.

I looked at him and notice that he had let some buttons lose. I could see his sexy chest hairs. Damn. He looked very muscular. Now that he had ditched the coat I could perfectly see his perfect sculptured body.

His pants hung low and he was siting lazily in his chair.

For the next 5 minutes we just sat there drinking in peace.

Abruptly he said “Alice. What’s going on with you?”

“What do you mean?”

He sighed. I could hear the concern in his voice but I refused to look at him.

“Alice. You and I both know that something is wrong. Now what is wrong? Please just tell me. I want to help you.”

“I said nothing is wrong.”

“Alice, look at me.”

I couldn’t. I didn’t want to.

“Please.” He begged

I turned around and was trapped. Those damn grey eyes were keeping me hostage. They were lace with concern and hurt. But why hurt? Was I hurting him by not telling him what was wrong? He continued begging me with his eyes to tell him.

“Alice , watch me in the middle of my eyes and tell me that you are fine , that nothing is wrong.”

I opened my mouth to lie but I couldn’t utter the lie. His eyes, the pain that was there was tearing at my heart. I couldn’t lie to him.

I sighed.

“My life is hell.” I replied 

“How so?”