Chapter 9 part 12

When we got back to the table dinner was served and we all ate together while Tally’s date chat on and on about himself.

Really who was that conceited jerk but we all smiled pleasantly.

Miss Meriwether with a microphone stood in the middle of the room and spoke “I do hope that every one of you voted, as we said earlier voting is closed and the teachers are busy tabulating. In the meantime dessert will be served and there is plenty of music to dance to on the dance floor.”

“So I love playing sports as I said a million times and of course all the girls love me. By now you guys should recognize who I am.”

We all shook our head no.

Tally date was about to remove his mask but he watched Will and then decided against it.

The rest of the conversation continued about him.

Will hoarsely whispered something in my ears about coming back and left. I hadn’t even made out his voice. He sounded so hoarse like he was sick or something. I wondered if he was ok. Was he sick? Is that why I wasn’t seeing him at school?

Ignoring her date Tally and I started a conversation and her date left after receiving a message on his phone. Thank god.

By the time Will arrived the tables were being cleared and we were being ushered to the hall area for the results. 

“I really hope that witch Ashley doesn’t get queen.” Tally told me

“I know right.”

“Welcome everyone can the nominees for king and queen please come on the stage.”

One by one the nominees went on stage

 “Now that everyone is here let us begin.” Announced Miss Meriweather

Accompanied by the suspense music she announce “ Best dressed couple goes to…the mystery couple?”

“Who is the mystery couple?” asked Miss Meriwether

“The girl in the red dress and her partner.”  Replied one of the judges.

And just then a picture of the two of us kissing appeared and then another one of us walking hand in hand to the dining room I suppose.

“What?” Exclaimed a shock Tara and Cara who shared a date.

“We didn’t say a couple had to be nominated.” Announced Miss Meriweather “They just had to ensure that they had taken their picture together.”

 Joining our hands, Will and I went to receive our award which was a gift certificate for dinner for two at this hotel.

We had just reached the bottom of the steps when I was announced the best dress female and Will the best dressed male. We accepted our awards which were gift certificates for various stores in the mall.

“Best in dress and tuxedo.” Announced Miss Meriwetaher, “Goes to Ashley and the mystery guy.”

Every one applauds even me. And being the little slut that she is Ashley tried to seduce my Will live on the stage. Have she no shame. I mean did her gift certificate really fell accidently hell no it was on purpose.  There she was bending down in front of him almost rubbing up on him. God she makes me sick. But Will didn’t seem too please he gently brushed her a side when she stood up.

“For the moment we have been all waiting for,  King and queen goes to no other than…(Suspense music)  the girl in the red dress and her date.”