Chapter 10 part 3

I ran to the girls’ bathroom and spent my entire class crying in the stalls and didn’t come out until it was break time and the girls were crowding in the bathroom.

I washed my face with cold water and strolled out of the bathroom. The girls were talking about the mystery couple the entire time. Apparently Ashley had won the queen titled after I left the ball room indicating that I had forfeited. I really couldn’t be bothered. I was heartbroken.

Lifelessly I strolled to the cafeteria where there was some big commotion.

Tally waved and I walked towards her and Rodger’s table and sat down.

“Are you ok?” Tally asked me

“Sure.” I replied flatly.

Tally looked and me and I knew she could tell I wasn’t telling the truth.

“Damien” She began “is on a haunt to find his Cinderella.”

“Huh?” I asked bored.

“He is giving this big announcement in a few minutes. Do you think that Cinderella would turn in herself” She asked winking, obviously implying whether I would tell Damien that it was me.

“No “I said dryly.

“Why not?”

“Because she just won’t!” I barked.

“Why is she being so scared? She needs to tell him how she feels and finally get the relationship she wants.”

“If I didn’t know better.” Rodger interrupted “I would swear that the two of you know who Cinderella is. But you two cannot possibly know who since the two of you didn’t go to the ball.”

“Yeah that’s right Rodger.” Tally said meekly.

The school band entered the cafeteria with loud beating drums, trumpets and set of other instruments.

Damien publicist and his co- star Nick entered the cafeteria after the band with a sign saying ‘come to me my beautiful angel.’

The music died down and Damien himself entered the cafeteria

“Baby girl, I don’t know,

But since that night,

I saw the light,

And I want you in my life.

Would you please just please be mine?

Baby all I am asking for is one more night.

 Baby one more night .

One more night in your arms,

We will dance to the moon,

We will kiss till sunrise,

Baby just one more night.

 I cannot sleep without you by my side.

After that one more night

If you don’t fall in love,

see that you’re above  -                my career, my everything

Then you’re welcome to leave,

But baby please one more night, just one more chance.”

“AWWW” cried every girl in the cafeteria except me after Damien Hawthorne said those words.

“Look many of you have come forward professing that you were my date but I know in my heart that you were not her. I never believed in aura or chi or energy or any of it but when I was with her I felt something, something that I cannot explain. She had this air around her, this, it’s indescribable. My publicist will be in this school every day until the real girl who captured my heart appears. My publicist will ask you one question, ‘if you were the girl I danced with and kissed then what is it that you left behind?’”