3. Night shift

______________________

I threw on my scrubs, and shuffled down the hall at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. I checked in with Stacy Mckinnon, my boss. ER supervisor. She was nice, but bossy when stuff needed to be done.

"How was the twin's birthday?"

"Ah it was great, they had a great time."

"Oh, good." 

She had a soft spot for the twins, since Henry had needed to get stiches from trying to sled down the stairs. 

In the next 5 hours, I gave 3 casts, two tibia ones, one collarbone one, gave a total of 67 stitches. I gave 4 stitches to a twenty three year old girl, who was at the concert, and tried to jump over the barrier. 

"Harry was so close, I really could've touched him. When I was younger, I was so in love with him, I felt like I knew him. So my friends bought me tickets, and we went, and I saw them and it all just came ba-"

"How did you get injured?"

"She jumped over the barrier and cut her knee."

"That's an unusal place to get cut," I said typing it up in the computer. 

"Thank you."

"Take this down the hall, to room 331, and they'll stitich you up. I'm going down there later, so I might be able to do that for you."

"Thank you so much! What's your name?"

"Valerie. You're Katie Fisher."

"Yeah, because it's in my file. Wanna hang out sometime?"

"uh sure, I have two children, so..."

"Oh, ok that's wonderful." 

She wrote down her number and gave it to me.

"Ok, I'll call you."

It was now one A.M., and my shift ends at two.

A little old polish woman came in with burns on her hand from cooking. 

A motercylcist came was in an accident and was flung across the free way.

A baby with a fever.

A stabbing victim. 

Things were starting to slow down at 1:45, and I swiveled in my chair a bit. 

"Uh exuse me?"

"Yes?"

I swiveled around to be met with the most suprising sight.

There was Niall, Harry, and Liam, behind them Zayn and Louis. Liam was standing on one foot.

"Uh, um hello. What can I do for you?"

"Valerie?"

I smiled sheepishly, shrugged my shoulders.

"Yes?"