27. Talk You Down

Shoutout to @looverr

Thanks for fanning me!

I feel like I'm on a streak.

I feel really popular because everyone's commenting now.

KEEP IT UP.

Et Et El XX

________________

"He'll be here soon."

"That's the thing Liam, I really want him on the other side of the planet. And yet, I want him right here? What's wrong with meeee!" I wailed, slamming my head down on the counter, then raising it, rubbing my forehead.

"I get it. It's not crazy; it's love."

"But, but, but it's not! It's.. hatred, rivalry, and love together."

"Is that so?"

"Well... we don't hate each other. But Rivalry with him and Niall, and Jealously. It's tainted."

"I bet."

"What's on your mind?"

"You know.. stuff."

I did know. Danielle of all things. How could she? 

"I know. Don't worry about it, Li."

"Those are just words, Val."

"If she really loves you, she'll come back. If she doesn't it's her loss."

"I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of that."

"Keep it on mind."

"Ok, I will. Just remember though that despite all his Bullshit, Harry does love you."

"Then why does he keep putting hoops for me to jump through?"

"Because he's Harry."

I was going to slam my head down again, but that wouldn't fly too well.

"I hear someone coming." Liam said. It was four in the afternoon.

"I think I'll go make some dinner now."

"Why?"

"We're going to eat early today."

"Since when?"

"Since I decided two minutes ago."

"Valerie you can't avoid him forever."

"I can for a really long time."

"Fine, go make-"

"Cheerios. We're going to eat cheerios for dinner."

"Why do you need to prepare then?"

"Count bowls... maybe sort through my milk kinds, maybe see how much we have and if I need to run to the store..."

"Fine."

"Ok, well, good talk. See you later."

I went to the kitchen and pulled out... two for the twins, one for me, one for Niall, one for Zayn, one for Li, one for Lou... am I forgetting anyone? No...

That makes a total of... seven bowls.

I checked the cereal cabinent, and pulled out three boxes of Cheerios. So we might have enough. Niall will have some...

That thought made me blush. Niall... things with Niall were so easy. I could go and hug him. I could kiss him. He wasn't going to take me to court if I try and do the right thing for my family. That was a major plus.

I was dancing around the kitchen to talk you down. And singing maybe. I just had to look busy, not act it.

"Just a cigarette gone no you couldn't be that far, I'm driving my car to where I hope you are, Mayyybe I could tallk youuuu down, Mayyybe I could tallk youuuu down, We're standdding onnn a tinnny edddge-"

"Gonna use my heart and noooot mmmmy heeead," said a very masculine voice behind me. Or sang, rather.

"I'm tryin' to open up your eyes," I responded. 

"This is relationship suiiiiciiiiide," We sung together, almost battling for the line.

"Cause if you go, I go, Cause if you go I go," Harry sang, from behind me.

I figured out who mystery voice was...

I spun around. Glad that I was wearing just a white tee shirt and ripped up lavender jean shorts. Nothing welcoming.

"Oh."

"Well I missed you too, Val."

"Well it's always nice to be backstabbed with blackmail."

"Look-"

"Shove it."

"Please?"

"I'm not in the mood, I've been having a great day."

"Valer-"

"Leave her alone." Niall said.

I could be a real jerk and go up and peck him on the cheek, but that would make me a real Jerk.

"Not you too..." Harry groaned.

"Well, at least I've got her back. I mean, that's what I promised her."

I think this deserves a hug. So I went there and gave him a hug.

"Thank you Niall. Thank you so much."

Harry just kinda stood there. There's nothing he could do without looking like an ass. Protest? He's the one who stabbed my back. Get angry? Prove my point.

"Go see what Henry has made you out of wikistiks."

"Ok I will. Thank you for watching them; they positively adore you."

Then I strutted out of the kitchen. Let the bomb drop the second my feet are in the hall. I stopped, and pressed myself against the wall adjacent to the doorway. I was gonna hear everything.

"So you think you can just show up and everything'll be alright?"

"Niall-"

"No Harry, you don't understand what you're doing to her. Hell, you don't understand what you're doing to her kids. You dare call her Niave?"

"How do you know?"

"Because she trusts me enough to tell me."

"Niall I haven't seen her in the past eight years, the girl I love-"

"Same boat buddy."

Shit just got real.

"Niall she can trust you all she wants, those aren't your kids."

"Who says they couldn't be?"

"A paternity test dimwit."

"I could adopt them. Then they're mine, dimwit. I could Marry Val, and become their step-dad, then they're mine, dimwit."

"But I'm their real dad!"

"Nothing about your parenting is real. It's less existant than dragons."

Buuuurn. 

"Half their DNA came from me. I stuck my penis-"

"Same boat, buddy."

"And My Sperm won!"

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I started giggling. I was rolling on the floor, laughing. Literally. 

I heard footsteps, and I saw them standing over me.

"What are you laughing at?" Niall said, with Humor visable in his eyes. He's my superman.

"AND MY SPERM WON!" I repeated, imitating Harry.

They laughed too. 

"Welcome back Harry"