48. Knee socks

oh jeez we're getting close.

I'm sorry. I fucking love you all.

Call me beep me if you wnna reach me

I think you all should know that I'm very friendly.

I don't bite unless you are an apple.

and if you're an apple, why the hell are you on the internet?

Elle possible xx

PS. If any of you like drawing, then want to draw Valerie?

Or any of these guys, or places, as you see them?

I will post them <3

I'd love that beary much.

Hello, my name is Elle and I like bears.

I'm feeling weird right now.

Anyone get like that?

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

DRAW. please? thanks!

_______________________

I was sitting down watching TV with Is later that night when the question that was chewing at my soul finally erupted from my lips.

"Isabelle do you think of Harry as a father?" I asked, nervously, looking at her.

"I mean, now I do sorta. I think it would suck to live with him he never buys groceries."

"Ok, so today he called me telling me he was going to sue me for custody of you two."

"How do you say that so casually?"

"I had an asthma attack."

"Ahh Jeez mom," She said shaking her head.

"I'd side with you. Don't worry about it."

I calmed down a bit, and let that sit for a while, until the next question came.

"What about Henry?"

"mmm, I don't think so. You know it was really hard for him when you got married."

"Wait, I don't think so as in,"

"I think he'd be with us. You know how he is though."

I sighed, and dipped down again. Harry and Henry were out. Ugh I did indeed set myself up for this. Harry was right, I really did.

"Ma. Give it a rest."

"You're talking like you're from Boston," I groaned. As much as I loved that city, the accents were horrid.

"Ma, imma park the cah in hahvad yahd. and imma meet my friend monicer fo'h some cowfee."

"I'm going to ship you to timbucktoo."

"I'll find my way back."

 This was one of our little jokes.

Later, we went shopping. For her, of course. I tried to get some shoes but she kept asking me if the blue sweater or the green sweater looked better, and I told her that both looked great and she got mad at me.

"Mom, they can't both look equally great!"

"They do. They both match your skintone and play off your eyes."

She groaned, then scanned the store again, picking up a varity of different things. Where i had a vintage, I don't give a shit kind of style, Isabelle was preppy. The house in Nantucket seemed to be a very exciting thing for her.

I always made her save all her money all summer for when we went to Nantucket, for two reasons. A), buying things in London were not worth it unless the store was solely a european one, and we could not purchase it anywhere else, due to the pricyness. B) she always went broke by the time we left the island, and was scavanging money to get more shit.

"Mom, this is what i've got,"

She said, showing me the blue sweater, white skirt that was very short, black knee socks which made me very confused because what? and a shirt that said NEW YORK in a fancy way over the skyline.

"Why are you getting this when you're in england?"

I said holding the shirt up.

"Because I like it."

"And we couldn't find cheaper knee socks anywhere else?"

She rolled her eyes at me and showed me the logo. Logos. Geez.

"Allright."

We got home and she immediately ran to her room, put the sweater on, and matched it with white jean shorts. 

Stylish.

Well, so Henry got home, and we looked at him expectantly. He sighed, and ran his hands through his hair. That my genetics had colored for him. Henry was like an alpha-male version of me. Same hair color, similar disposition now that he's grown, although he's much sweeter than I ever was. Same eyes. Same ears, same nose. 

"All right, I get what's going on. and before you say anything, hear me ou-"

"How could you? Henry against our own mother?"

"Is-"

"I can't believe you. My god, you're so narrow-minded. Do you even remember the first nine years of your life? How hard mom worked, just to feed us? When uncle Harry didn't even know we fucking existed?"

"Isabe-" I started to say, but then got cut off by Henry.

"Yeah, but I remember the last seven much better. And Harry was there for me. Is, I've always seen him as our dad, and when mom told us that he was, I honestly wasn't too shocked-"

"Is Dad not enough for you?"

"Dad's fine, it's just he never really got me like Harry did."

"God Henry. But against our own mother?"

"He's only looking for 25% of our custody-"

"How dare you decide who gets custody over me too!"

"Guys-"

"It's a two way street, sis."

"Henry he's never ever been responsible when he was taking care of us! Remember all those sketchy people around his apartment? One tried to touch me once-"

"But Harry stopped him"

"Hold up somone tried to touch you and I haven't heard of this till now?"

"but he's not always going to be there, Henry. It's always been on Harry's terms when we come out and visit. Honestly I think if he was always wanting us, this custody battle shit would've gone down sooner."

"It almost did."

That finally got their attention. 'Bout time, too. They kept bickering and wouldn't shut their traps.

"When they found us again, Harry kept threatening me with a custody battle to try and get me to marry him."

"See! SEE. SEE? Henry he's a big bully, pushing our mother about! He threatened her, threatened her for pete's sake, how can you see a man like that as the good guy?!"

"Isabelle. He loves mom much more than "Dad","

He stressed sarastically, motioning his finger in quotation marks,

"Ever fucking did."

"Language!"

"Belle said it!"

"Henry, I chose your father over Harry because Niall was ready for this much more than Harry ever was. I know you see Harry as some magically untouchable god, but he's very finicky, and he's not good at being there when you need him most."

"See?"

"Isabelle shut up."

Henry walked right out the door again, slamming it.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I found myself in court the next monday.