21.To Kill a Mockingbird

Ok so!

13 comments outta 20

8 votes outta 10 (Lowered it)

9 fans outta 10 (C'mon guys!)

5.25 father comments outta 5. WE WIN! ok so only one of you know who the father is finally. I will reveal it after I get 7 more comments (even like a letter, it's valid) TWO votes outta 10 (I'm so nice to you) and one. more. fan. This is so do-able. C'mon... I wanna tell you too.

CAN WE FINISH THIS BY CHAPTER 23? It's chapter 21 right now.

All I wanna do is Elle for you xx

________________________

I smiled as I read it over and over. I knew it. I knew it I knew it I knew it. I was sitting alone in my room because Zayn texted me very meanly saying that they wanted the whole day with the twins so I needed to pretend not to be there.

So I locked the door to my room, and took my old macbook pro, and watched old how I met your mother. It's so old, yet so perfect. After I finished season 3, I went to friends. Oh Joey...

I heard giggling downstairs, and strained my ears.

"So he's not supposed to be here?" Harry questioned. I could see thoes cute little eyebrows bunched together.

"No. So we're going to have to be quiet. Don't say his name."

"Harry why can't we say your name?" Isabelle screamed.

"Shhh!"

That's it. I don't care. 

I unlocked the door, and jumped down stairs. 

I saw Harry, Zayn, and Louis sitting on the couch, doing a puzzle with my kids.

"Valerie you're not supposed to-" Zayn started.

I shot them a look. What the fuck?

"Oh." Louis said.

"Mommy it wasn't our Idea..."

"I would figure so. Why don't you two play outside?"

"Ok..."

I watched my two very confused eight year olds stand up from the green carpet with a grape juice stain and walk out the side door, looking over their shoulders and bumping into each other.

Once they were out, I turned to the boys.

"Explain."

"Well, you see Harry really missed you..."

"Well you see he's not allowed here until next week."

"Well I really missed you dear," He said smiling at me.

"Don't dear me."

"Why not?"

"Do you even remember why I kicked you out?"

"Uh... I tried to forget, and I succeeded."

"UGH." I screamed.

OH my fucking god. He's impossible. Every time I try and say something he just shuts it out.

"Don't be like that, Dear."

"DON'T CALL ME DEAR."  I screamed.

Out of the corner of my eyes, the twins stopped playing.

Why does he fuck everything up? Everything. Before he came, I was doing fine. Everything was fine. I had a good job, loving children who didn't pester me, I had everything I needed. 

He cringed, and sat back down. I didn't even notice he stood up.

"Valerie I'm-"

"What, sorry? SORRY? YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST SAY SORRY, AND I'LL JUMP INTO YOUR ARMS AGAIN?"

He cringed again. Good.

"I ASKED ONE THING OF YOU, and you can't even respect that!"

Exasperation filling my voice. I felt kinda woozy. I never have to yell like this, and I have two kids.

 'Valerie-"

"Just shut up!"

"Valerie."

Niall spoke now, emerging from who knows where. The front door? The basement? The greenhouse?

"What." I shoke. 

"Come with me."

I sighed. The energy was draining from me quickly, and I felt light headed.

"Ok." I said meekly.

He came and gave me a hug, and walked me up my creaky, narrow, steep wooden stairs.

He plonked me down on my bed.

"Calm down love."

I looked up at him. 

"Niall why'd he come back?"

"He loves you," 

He smiled at me with such sadness in his eyes it was tangable. I could feel it penetrating my soul.

"Well, that didn't help him out much."

"No, it didn't, did it?"

"No!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"All I wanted was for him to go away, but he came back!"

"That's a good thing, though."

"Niall why are you making a case for him?"

"Because I'd hope he'd return the favor. I mean, we're still friends."

"You know he wouldn't, he's a stubborn, selfish asshole who's so self consumed and Naive he doesn't realize his actions wreck things."

"Maybe that's making a case for me on it's own," He said smirking down at me.

"Come sit with me," I said, patting the bed next to where I was lying. As soon as he sunk onto my dirty blue comorter, I dragged him down. 

"Well that escalated quickly."

"I hope they take care of my kids. I tried to give them a normal childhood, I really did..."

"And you did. Have you ever read to kill a mockingbird?"

It was my turn to be confused.

"Yes..?"

"Well so a central theme in the novel is growing up, and the author makes a case as to how this happens at about nine years old."

"They're eight."

"It's god damn close enough. And who knows what's going to happen in a year from now?"

"Well..."

"What?"

"I have something to show you."