Interview: Bouen (District 4)

"So the fishing district, huh?" Brielle starts off the interview.

    "Yup." I said  popping my p, "you know I might not look like much but I'm secretly a  mermaid." I said winking at the audience which fills with chuckles.

    "Oh really?" Brielle asked playing along with my joke.

    "Oh yah, that whole  Ariel thing I'm totally there! Can't you tell?" I asked motioning at my  black hoody, white ripped jeans and combat boots, "Total girly-girl  here."

     The audience laughs again.

      "So Bouen."

      "Oh please, call me Bou." I interrupted.

      "Okay Bou, why do you think you are going to win?"

      "Well you see I really don't think I'm going to win. But I have to try."

      "And why is that Bou?"

      I look into the  audience finding Chubb, Mikey and Selenia who all smile and nod for me  to go on. With a shaky breath I continue.

      "Well because I  want to show my dad that even though I'm not a boy I'm a human too and  that I'm a strong warrior and I deserve to live. And plus I have a  little sister in district four that I have to get back to."

       The audience goes silent and the buzzer sounds.

       "Well that is all the time we have. Bouen age fourteen from district four."

      "Wait I blurt out,  I just want to say one more thing." Nobody says anything and I take  that as an okay. "Bring it on." With that I leave the stage.