Interview: Phil (District 10)

I frown as Alberta, the other tribute from my district, the one person I'm allied with, walks back to her seat. I'm next. I stare in disgust at the audience, how could anyone enjoy watching kids die and then go to sleep at night? Alberta was right though, they do seem to have hated Widow's interview the most.

I don't hear the question, but I know what it is. "I'm going to win, Brielle, because not one of these saps here has the guts to actually kill someone. Okay, maybe Ashton, but he doesn't count. He's too insane to realize what he's even doing. Anyway, I'm going to bring pride to my district, my family, and my friends. I'm going to rush toward victory, a cold-blooded, merciless killing machine. And if I have to, I'll carry Alberta with me. Until the time comes for her to prove that she's even worth the effort. Yes, Brielle, I may seem like a monster, but I'm just determined to survive." I look at Alberta. "I'm going to win, Brielle. And when the time comes that I emerge from that ring, the world better be ready. When I win, thing are gonna change. You and the rest of this pathetic race won't have a slight taste of power in this world. This is gonna a whole new world. A world where I rule. A world that has been purged of the unworthy."

I stand up, walk back to my seat, and stare, smiling, at the shocked crowd. Aria gives me this look that says, "You fool! What were you thinking?"

I give her a look. "I said what needed to be said."