Interview: Alberta (District 10)

I'm shaking as I walk over to the interview chair, knuckles white from clenching the arms of my previous seat. I sit down in the chair, shift into a more comfortable position, and stare at Brielle, waiting for the same question she'd asked all the other tributes. I can tell the audience is starting to get a bit bored from the other interviews, some had been better than others. So far, I think they hated Widow's most.

"So, Alberta, why do you think you are going to win?"

I take a deep breath, look her in the eyes, and begin my speech. "I really don't expect to win. We all know there are so many tributes that are better than me." I flash a glance at Ashton, the least nervous of us all. But, I guess that what you get when you're slightly insane. "I mean, really. Do you, any of you, expect a girl who's as obsessed with forks as I am to actually win? If so, do speak up, I'd love to hear it, really."

No one moves.

"Right. I mean, I have a chance, but it's slim at best. I am skinny, good at hiding, and those other things, but so are my fellow tributes. I don't know what they're capable of. I only know what I can do, and to be honest, it's not much. Sponsors, if you're looking for someone with a chance, that's me. But if you're looking for someone who has the best chance of winning, it isn't me." I flash another glance at Ashton, implying that he has the best chance of us all. He's watching me intently now.

I continue. "I do have a special skill that no one knows about, but I'm sure not gonna say it infront of the other tributes. Plus, it's for me to know, and you to find out."

I get up, walk back to my seat, sit down, and stare at the audience.