Situation 2: Answers

Vulpes' POV

When I woke up, I was still snuggled on Gabriel's chest with his arm around me. As weird as it felt to admit it, it kinda felt nice. I mean, if I was to like somebody in this alliance, shouldn't it be Aria? You know, the only girl in the group? Whatever, the odds of us both winning were slim anyways, but part of me deep down really hoped we did.

Just then, the ice began to shake and crack, until I noticed a gigantic emperor penguin walk towards me. "Hey buddy!" I said, making my voice as calm as I could. I was good with animals, and this was just another animal. A gigantic one, but still an animal nonetheless. "How about you play nice and give me a ride around? I want to see who else is in our region." The penguin nodded his head somehow, and I hopped on his back.

Just then Gabriel showed up behind me, and asked "You didn't think of going on a ride without me, were you?"

He climbed on the penguin, went in front of me so I could wrap my arms around him, and whispered in his ear. "Let's call it Steve!"

"Steve?" He asked.

Then, in the words of the oh so brilliant Hammy the squirrel. "IT'S A PRETTY NAME!"

Gabriel just chuckled as Steve started walking. I toured the arena and saw Mark fighting Widow. I quite respected Widow, so I wasn't going to let her get killed by some fool. "STEVE! STEP ON HIM! BUT KEEP THE GIRL ALIVE!" He did as I said, and then he died. Death by penguin. Nice. "Hi there Widow! Hop on!" She did as I said, since I just saved her life, and my penguin could step on her. But just as she was coming up, Dustin and Sedona walked up to her and tried attacking her. "Cover me Gabe."

I jumped off Steve and raced to Widow, pulling out bacon, duct tape, and Gabriel's undershit from my bag. I knocked out Dustin, and shoved the bacon up his nose while duct taping his mouth, therefore stopping him from breathing, and effectively killing him. Then, I dropped Gabe's shirt in the water, letting it freeze, and used it as an ice sword to cut Sedona in half. Widow and I finally ran away and climbed on Steve, racing back to our group.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elise's POV

The ground before me rumbled and a crack sounded in the air, making me jump. As the ice about a hundred feet in front of me began to seperate, my breath caught in my throat. Was there a world under the arena? Perhaps like the lost city of Atlantis? It was quite intriguing to think of, and try as I might I could not stop my heart beating incessantly. "Hurry UP!" I murmured, attempting to hurry the slow, painful procedure of the sheer ice parting along. I wasn't the only one who looked slightly bewildered. In fact, some of the tributes looked terrified, and just as the horn sounded an arrow flew my way. It was a vicious attempt for a fast, easy murder from Gingko, and I wouldn't stand for it. Thankful for the woollen gloves swathing my hand and stopping me from slipping, I cartwheeled out of harm's way immediately as the arrow sliced threw the air where I had just been. Hate him as I did, I couldn't possibly deny that Gingko had good aim. That arrow would have hit me in the heart if it wasn't for my sharp senses and gymnast's body.

Unfortunately, the cornucopia was nowhere inside, and I gasped as what we would be fighting against rose from the ground. Thirteen enormous penguins, roughly four feet two inches larger than me, towered over us menacingly. The worst things was that they didn't look happy, and when penguins aren't happy... let's just say that the consequences aren't something to revel in. More like something you'd like to get over with as quickly as it started. One thing that caught me attention, however, was the fact that four of the penguins weren't moving. Their pattern would form the shape of a square, and I hope that nobody else had noticed. This was significant somehow, though I wasn't sure in which way.