Situation 1 Answers

Vulpes's POV

There I stood, shaking from my thin outfit to the tip of my converse-wearing toes. There, I see Shay, from District 12, across from my platform. I took my shoe off, it wouldn't help me much here, and threw it right at her head, causing her to lose balance and fall off, triggering the mines that kill her, along with both tributes from District 10. 30 seconds later, the mines are deactivated, and I dash across the icy plains, until I reach the cornucopia.

I grab snow boots and a big coat, as well as a pack with food and water, and of course my toaster, as I go to meet with Ashton and Gabriel at the other side of the cornucopia. When I get there, I noticed that they were being attacked by Bob and Veena, and seemed to be losing. I opened my eyes wide, and spoke in a soothing voice. "Bob, kill Veena." He did as I said, and my gift made me smile. "Now drop your weapon." Once again, he obeyed. "Open your mouth." As he did so, I shoved my toaster down his throat, followed by a few slices of bread from the pack. I pulled a plate out of my bag and waited for the toast to be ready.

A few minutes later, the toast came flying out his mouth and landed on my plate, covered in blood, as the handle from the toaster had split Bob's throat. I then pulled out the toaster, and threw the re-frozen slices of bread at the heads of Sayber and Shase, as the bread hits their temple with such force that it kills them on the spot. Never underestimate the fox.

Before long, we all sat down and relaxed. Ashton and Aria had first guard, while Seral, Aubry, Austen, Gabriel and I all went to bed. I was cold and cuddled up on Gabriel, putting my head on his chest. He leaned over to give me a little kiss, and I couldn't help but fall asleep with a huge blush on my face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberta's POV

I wave bye to my designer and thank him for the brilliant outfits he's made for me, the flowing sapphire skirt that rippled like a lake when you had just thrown a rock in, the watermelon blouse that shimmered like a thousand stars, the lime green dress with the tangerine sash that flowed like a gentle river, all of it. Even the pitch black leather training outfit that I knew he didn't design. Tears stream down his cheeks as he says goodbye to me, possibly for the last time.

We hug until the guards drag him away so the pod can launch me into the arena. I give a tiny wave and he nods before I'm send to my death. I know I'll never see my family again. It's heartbreaking for them, I know, but it could be worse. It could have been Keven that was drawn instead of Phil. Then, they would have been alone. Mother and Gretta would have to find away to survive. Chances are an eight-year-old and a crippled woman wouldn't last long in a world like this.

As I enter the arena, I'm blinded by dazzling white light from all directions. What is this place? I think, still trying to regain my vision. It can't be... no! It's a tundra. Vast patches of ice and snow spread out in all directions. All I can see is the gigantic horn full of goodies and my competitors. Oh, and did I mention ice yet? Phil stands across from me, looking as shocked as I must.

I scan the pile of goodies and instantly my gaze lands on a box of forks. Forks of all kinds! Plastic, colored plastic, and metal! There is a great variety of metal forks, gold, silver, copper, bronze, and steel. I jump up and down with joy and scan for more necessities. I see a huge, and I mean huge, black backpack. It seems to have a sleeping bag in it, some food, and even a bottle. Next my eyes spot a blanket, some wire, and a little pack of the things I'll need to make fire. Lucky me, they're all in the same general area, not too close to the horn, not too far either. I decide to get it all.