Finals: Aubry

I look around me and see the familiar colored squares. I smile, I used to love this game. I played it all the time with my family whenever I could. Me and the other tributes are at the start. Sadly, Jace hadn't made it, but True and I had, along with the creepy kid Vulpes, Gingko, Lily and Darrin. All six of us take off down the path at the same time, but I'm a little slower than the rest because if this is anything like the board game, there are surprises.

I was right, I watch Vulpes and Gingko get stuck to some candy canes. After that Mr. Mint comes out and starts to beat them with his candy cane harvester, a candy cane shaped like an ax. I pass them. I grab some of the berries from Plumpy, the troll. Next I have to pass Lord Licorice, a mean and evil man. He traps Lily in a licorice trap. Jolly is easy, the three of us sing to him as we pass the gumdrop forest. As I double back on the path I see that Vulpes, Gingko, and Lily have escaped. I curse inside my head, I know it's not very becoming of a girl my age, but these are the Writer Games, and someone has to be strong right? Why not a 12 year old girl from District 9? I start to get pelted with peanuts. They hurt, but I bustle past them. I'm last again, as the other tributes have passed me, but we still have four people to pass, Princess Lolly, Queen Frostine, Gloppy, and King Kandy.

When we reach King Kandy he takes us inside his castle. He gives us food, and water, which we lap up hurriedly, and he gives us each a room. I get up in the middle of the night to go to True's room and find out what our next plan is, but the door is locked.

"Hey! Let me out!"

"Who is that?" it's a deep voice.

"Aubry from District 9! Let me out!"

"NO, I'm sorry but you're next."

"What?" a cannon goes off. "Who was that?"

"Vulpes, he's in the oven baking right now." The door opens and the king, who looked nice and seemed nice at first, grabs my arm with an unbreakable grip.

"TRUE!" I screech, my voice breaking. "HELP ME! THE KING IS GOING TO EAT ME!"

"What?" She slams on her door and it breaks. The other tributes do the same, but the king hits them on the head with his staff and they collapse unconscious. True breaks the grip on my arm and we race to the parlor where we find all the people, Plumpy, Mr. Mint, Lord Licorice, Jolly, Gramma Nutt, Princess Lolly, Gloppy, Queen Frostine. King Kandy is behind us. I scream again and take out the knives Jace had given to me. I start throwing them, and some hit home, one in Princess Lolly, one in Plumpy, and one in Mr. Mint. I use the other knives for close combat, and down goes Gramma Nutt. True gets the other characters and we're out. Nobody leaves the castle, but three more cannons go off and we look at each other, we are the winners, the victors, the champions. We made it out alive, on top, and we get to go home!