Daniel-Depression part 2

Jonah's POV
Corbyn has tears coming down his face, whereas I'm so shocked, and hurt, I can't feel anything.

"Daniel," I whisper. "Why? Why would you do this?" I gently lift Daniel's limp body into my lap. Tears stream down my cheeks, I couldn't feel a pulse. I could be holding a dead body for all I knew.

"Sir? Sir! Can you hear me?" A person called, but it sounded far-away. All I could focus on was the cold body of Daniel in my arms.

Corbyn's POV

I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe Is the only thing going through my mind. My breathing pattern was a mess, and I was shaking in the corner of the bathroom. The sight of Daniel on the floor, un-moving was now permanently etched in my mind. I couldn't see anything else. I hope Jack was downstairs or in a room keeping Zach calm, because there was no way Zach didn't know about this after my scream.

People came into the bathroom from downstairs, immediately going to Jonah and Daniel. One other person, a girl, came up to me. "Sir? Are you ok?" She asked. She seemed friendly, but I didn't care about that right now. I shook my head, curling into a ball.

"Help Daniel." I mumble, barely hearing the words she spoke. "M' fine."

"Sir, you need help-" She started.

"I said I'm fine!" I scream. "Just help my friend! Please! He needs help!" I could feel tears start to run on my face. "I can't lose him! Just make him okay!" I was panicking. Daniel was dead, Jonah was barely holding on to consciousness. I need to be strong! But how can I be strong? My best friend is dead, and the older man I looked up to looked broken beyond repair. I'm so weak, but I need strength. I stared at the girl, hoping she would tell me it's ok, hoping she'd hug the pain away. But she just sat there, occasionally patting my knee, and murmuring that they were doing their best.

I had seen the light in his eyes flicker out as he found me with Daniel. The crimson liquid silently flowing from the cut on Daniel's head, on to the clean white tiles, little rivers of tears still dripping from his lifeless eyes. Daniel's arms covered with raised bumps, indicating the places where he'd sliced the flesh. A soft, white foam oozing from his mouth, a sign of a seizure. The boy's eyes were open, but to never see again.

The paramedics had already taken Daniel and Jonah to the hospital. That's what the girl said. But why was she lying?

Daniel was on the floor, wasn't he? Just sleeping, playing a silly game. Jonah was right there next to him. I could see them. Why was she saying they were gone?

"You're silly." I say to the girl. "Jonah's right there." I point to where my friend is. "See?"

"What are you pointing at?" The girl asked.

I rolled my eyes. How blind was she? "I'm pointing to Daniel. He's right there on the floor, next to Jonah. I smile at Jonah, and he smiles back.

Christina's POV

I was called in for my first job as a medic, to arrive at the scene of a suicide. The male's body cradled by the older, another male sat in the corner, obviously having breathing issues. Tyler and Eben, the other medics, had already started taking care of the body and older male.

Seeing that, I decide to go help the one in the corner. "Sir? Are you ok?" I asked. He shook his head, curling into a ball, further away from me.

"Help Daniel." He muttered, and I barely caught it. "M' fine."

"Sir, you need help-" I started, but he cut me off.

"I said I'm fine!" He screamed. "Just help my friend! Please! He needs help! I can't lose him! Just make him okay!" The boy was obviously panicking, tears streaming down his face. I start gently patting his arm and his knee, a trick we were taught to calm down patients.

Corbyn, I think his name was, calmed down a bit after that.

"Where are my friends?" He suddenly asked.

"They're gone, they went to the hospital." I reply.

"You're silly." He says. "Jonah's right there. See?"

"What are you pointing at?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes and said,"I'm pointing to Daniel. He's right there on the floor, next to Jonah." Then the boy smiles at where he was pointing.

I look over to where he's pointing, but there was nothing there except the blood.