9: Did You Have Constipation or Something?

'Did You Have a Constipation Or Something?'
*
*
*

"IS THIS YOU GUYS idea of hanging out?" Gemma asked, disbelief stretching all over her face as she stared at the massive pile of pillows and blankets on the floor.

Winston poked her in the back with his sock-covered feet and she turned to him with a glower. "Don't f*cking touch me. "

Chad raised his hand dramatically. "And she even swears. Great!" He exclaimed, getting an eye roll from me and Charlie who was working on something with his laptop.

For a moment we all remained in our bubbles, Chad scribbling on a notepad with a pencil he borrowed from Charlie, Winston playing Tap Tiles with Gemma, Levi hooked to his headphones and me watching Charlie type away.

"Could someone show me where the toilets are?" Gemma stared at Winston as if she directed the question at him.

Don't blame me, I'm too observant.

Winston dumped his phone in my lap and rose to his feet, extending a hand to help Gemma. "I'll show you."

I glanced around me wondering if none of the guys suspected a thing. They didn't or pretended not to.

I watched Gemma take Winston's hand after studying it for awhile and then she followed him out, leaving Charlie, Me, Chad and Levi seated on the floor in Charlie's house like we always did every Wednesday and Friday evenings after school.

We formed this weird schedule of visiting each other every day of the week. Saturdays and Sundays belonged to me, Mondays belonged to Gemma, Tuesday, Winston and Thursday, Shawn. Chad's house was off bounds for now after Winston broke his father's computer. Levi, don't get me started on him. I was beginning to be crept out by his obscurity.

Up till date no one knows where he lives, he just pops up and goes to God knows where. If my friends shared the same thoughts they never aired it.

But still, there remained the fact that Winston and Gemma were gone for over two minutes, how long does it take one to pee?

"Don't tell me-" Levi slapped a hand over my mouth, shutting me up.

"Don't start, Hazel." He warned and the other guys seemed to be in agreement with what he said since they offered no
contradictory comment.

What was wrong with them? I mean boys could be weird but this was an extreme case of weirdness.

I sighed and sank back into Charlie's arm watching him type.

"What are you working on?" Peering at the bottom of the Microsoft Word document, I found it to be way over a hundred pages.

Charlie stopped typing, exercising his fingers briefly. "I'm working on a book but nobody was supposed to know until it's out."

"Wow, you're a writer?" I breathed out.

He flashed me a brief smile and returned to his work. Levi cast us suspicious glances from where he had moved to sit, across us with a pencil and a wide book before him.

He grinned when I made a face at him, wondering why he carried that book around anyways. I realized it was the same book Chad was using earlier.

Levi was always with a pencil and that book anytime we hung out. No wonder he distanced himself from our conversations.

"When are you going to let the guys know?" I questioned Charlie.

"Very soon." I smiled and continued studying his fingers move over the keyboard keys with precision. Until Chad broke the peace.