10: Love Triangle

A/N: PLEASE, Read.

It has come to my notice that Florence has been getting a lot of hate from different people. I acknowledge the fact that shA/e makes stupid mistakes and will make more in future. But to those calling her 'dumb', "stupid" and other names, I will not tolerate that form of insult on her personality. Be realistic here and raise your hands if you haven't made mistakes in your life. If you raised your hands, I'm sorry, but you lie. If you stop reading because of this, it's in your interest and mine. If you'd love to see a perfect character with no flaws, no mistakes, create your own book, and tag me in it. I'd love to read your book.

'Love Triangle'

When we got into the hospital, a nurse directed us to Sebastian's younger sister's hospital room. We silently followed her directions and and arrived at a door whose top was transparent, Sebastian knocked gently on the door and opened it after hearing a response.

My eyes fell upon the persons in the room, Stephen stood at a corner with his hands folded across his chest, a casually dressed man who I presumed to be their father sat on a chair facing a young girl lying on a bed covered with a white sheet, she had dark hair like mine which was scattered around her head and her irises were brown just like Sebastian's, her lips were pink and they were set in a straight line.

They all shifted their gaze to us as we stepped in. Sebastian hurried to his sister's bedside and gently cradled her hand in his while I awkwardly stood at the door side observing everything going on in the room.

"Anna," He whispered and caressed the top of her hand, she looked at him and smiled weakly. Her eyes moved to regard me curiously, her dad did the same.

"Dad, Anna, meet Florence, she's a good friend of Philip, also mine hopefully, Florence, meet my family." Sebastian's eyes trained on me while he spoke but he didn't let go of his sister's hand.

"Hi Mr.  ..."

It suddenly occurred to me that I didn't know Sebastian's last name.

"...Stuart,"  Sebastian's dad chirped in with a genuine smile on his face as he gazed at me.

"Mr. Stuart and Anna, I'm delighted to meet you," I responded, trying to act formal as best as I could.

Mr Stuart pushed his chair back and excused himself from the room.

"Florence, I  haven't seen you in a few days," Stephen spoke, drawing my eyes away from the door Mr. Stuart walked out through.

"Yeah, I know," I replied, cursorily gazing at Sebastian. His attention was on his sister who spoke in whispers to him.

"Is she going to be fine?"

I walked away from the door side and stood by Stephen.

"Yeah, it was a mild attack. Thanks for coming over, I'm really glad you did," His eyes fixed on mine and glinted with appreciation.

Not finding words to say, I remained mute and eyed my phone which rang just as my eyes fell on it.

Michael.

I haven't heard from him in awhile as he told me he had to travel to Paris for a photoshoot that involved his Photography company. He frequently sent texts or voice messages to me and mom, to check on our welfare. I was glad he didn't desert us like one would do to a burning ship, he stood by us and his concern for us was unfeigned.

I smothered my phone against my dress to muffle my loud ringing tone that I recently changed to an Adele song.

"Excuse me, I have to take this, " I muttered and Stephen nodded as I hurried out of the room.