8: Let's Get Down To Business

'Let's Get Down To Business'

*
*
*

"Oh yeah, another Monday." I muttered, trudging into the school hallway where other miserable teenagers moved like snails in different directions.

Even the usually knowledge-thirsty nerds weren't an exception. Everybody was awfully quiet, minding their own business so I guessed today was just meant to be grungy. But school was no fun when everyone decides to mind their business.

Sighing, I trailed to my locker which was next to my best friend's. We usually came to school together but today, he didn't show up at my house. Shrugging, I typed in my locker combination but still he didn't pop out of somewhere yelling like a lunatic.

A hand tapped my ass. Thinking it was my best friend, I swirled around to slap the molester who turned out to be Winston wearing a lopsided grin on his face.

I kicked his right shin with a scowl. "You pervert, I could sue you for sexual harassment."

He groaned and hopped up and down on one foot. Guess my self-defence classes paid off.

While he was still basking in pain, Chad appeared from somewhere and shoved him aside almost knocking him out of balance.

"Hide me please, hide me." Chad pleaded, looking like he just ran to Australia and back. Desperation showed in his eyes.

"Uh...okay?"

Next thing, Chad slammed me gently against my locker and placed both his hands at either side of my head. My heart beat quickened and I gulped, realizing the really compromising position he put us in.  The way Chad was staring into my eyes made my insides grow mushy.

Have you ever had this fluttery feeling when a really gorgeous guy looks like he was going to kiss you even if he happens to be one of your friends?

A couple of yells traveled towards us, distracting our eyes from each other. "Where's Chad? Where did he go?" A couple of girls screeched.

Why were a couple of girls looking for Chad? What stupid thing has he done this time?

"He touched my boobs can you imagine?" I could see a blonde complain to the other girls who weren't interested in her story.

I kicked Chad on his shin. "What the heck Chad?"

"I promise to explain later." He hurriedly responded and stole a quick glance at the girls.

"What are y'all looking at?" One of the girls screamed at some students who had gathered to watch the interesting outburst.

Did I fail to state that students loved a good drama like this?

"Wait, isn't that his best friend, Winston?" The same girl that yelled pointed at Winston who was hiding behind someone.

Oops!

Winston looked at me with crimson cheeks. I signalled him to run and he did, bumping into some students in the process.

"Get him girls!" They ran after him with wild yells.

Chad breathed out. That was close."

I grabbed his right ear and he howled in pain. "Explain why you were staring at a girl's boobs?"

"Well, I'm a guy obviously..." In response, I reinforced my grip on his ear until his face turned a shade of crimson.

"I'm sorry-"

Winston reappeared with Charlie, both panting heavily like dogs. Charlie even had to place both hands on his knees as he took in refreshing oxygen.

"Chad, what the hell was all that about?" Charlie glared up at Chad. Winston looked pissed off too. I guess this wasn't the first time Chad got them into trouble and made away untouched.