32: Settling down

'Settling Down'

AFTER I HAD unpacked my bags, I sat down on the soft bed and stared at the different objects in the room. A couple of minutes later, my phone began ringing.

Mom.

"Hello mom." I lightly brushed my hair with my fingertips as I waited for her to speak.

"Hello baby, how was your flight?"

"It was stressful mom, but it's over now."

My mom let out a little laugh. I smiled in return and laid back on my bed.

"I'm guessing you've met Eric."

I sighed, thinking about my humiliation earlier.

"Yes mom, he has shown me to where I'll be staying, and my classes start tomorrow."

"OK then."

There was a long silence and I interrupted it.

"Where's Tamara?"

In response, I heard a loud bang accompanied with a shout.

"I'm right here baby!"

I rolled my eyes as I realized mom placed my call on loudspeaker.

"Tam, can you quit being childish for once?"

She scoffed and I bit my lips to seal in a laughter threatening to escape.

"Miss Grumpy, how are you doing?"

"Miss Grumpy?" I demanded, feigning anger.

"Yes." She responded, lacing her speech with a short laughter.

We ended up bickering over the stupid nickname she had cooked up until mom snatched the phone from her.

"That's enough for today, I'll call you later baby, enjoy your stay in London."

She hung up. After tossing my phone to the other side of the bed, I pushed myself off the bed, deciding to explore the house.

I went out through the door and turned right, pushing open the first door my eyes caught.

Wow.

Although the kitchen wasn't so large, I loved it anyway

Although the kitchen wasn't so large, I loved it anyway. Closing the door, I moved elsewhere.

I opened another door and my eyes drove round the large number of books seated on lots of shelves. Some were merely stacked on a table.

After a few minutes of looking around, I was drained of energy so I headed back to my room and took a refreshing bath and changed into more comfortable clothes.