4: You Don't Have a Say in My Personal Life, Sir.

'You Don't Have a Say in My Personal Life, Sir.'

I went to work in high spirits, but it took just one mail from my boss to quell my elation.

📥📥📥
Bring files 124, 564 and 331 to my office at once.

I scoffed and marched to his office with the files. He was  bent over his paperwork, eyebrows creased as he studied some papers.

The click of my heels alerted  him, concentration switching to me.

With my throat running dry, I handed him the files and he placed them beside him.

"Sit."

His offer or rather request caught me off guard.

"What did you say?" I asked in pure shock as I had not expected him to offer me a seat or order me to sit in one.

A scowl appeared on his face. "I believe you don't have a hearing impairment, or do you?"

I suppressed an eye roll and sat down opposite him.

He pushed a blank sheet of paper towards me.

"Copy out the addresses in the files here." He rapped his fingers on the paper and gazed at me.

I copied out the addresses as he busied himself with some other thing.

Occasionally, I paused in my work and stole quick glances at him, he seemed to be deep in his thoughts, I could sense it by his creased brows.

"I'm done with this." I pushed back the paper to him, he regarded me through his sea blue eyes.

"Each time you address me, address me as Sir, is that clear?"

I looked up to him with a frown on my face.

We glared at each other till my anger boiled down. I looked away from him as I realized that I was staring too much.

He shrugged and ruffled his hair before tucking the paper into his portfolio.

"I have a meeting to attend shortly and you're coming with me."

I nodded and looked down at my fingers which were lodged on my laps.

After a few minutes of fidgeting like a kid, Mr. Philip pushed his executive chair back and grabbed his portfolio, he motioned me to follow him and I did.

He led the way to his other car, A Land Cruiser, he opened the door and hopped into the driver's seat. I slid into the passenger's seat beside him.

So he can drive eh?

I braced myself for a crash at any moment as he drove out of the car park to the venue of the meeting.

"Why are you acting like you have a stroke?" He questioned giving me a weird look.

I'm preparing for a crash, what does it look like to you?

"Um...sorry." I hastily readjusted in my seat and he frowned at me before turning to watch the road.

We arrived at an enormous building and he parked his car at the designated spot.

He climbed out of the car first and I watched him step out, his perfectly tailored suit creased at some areas.

I jumped out of the car and slammed the door shut.