3: Your Dress Is Too Revealing

'Your Dress Is Too Revealing'

I had a long and exhausting day at work so I got home enveloped in tiredness. After opening the door with my spare key, I made my way into the house and embraced the quietness that welcomed me.

Entering my room, I kicked off my heels and discarded my bag on the floor. I fell facedown on my bed and hoped Tamara would not come home in time till I get a proper nap.

"Hey girl! What'd I miss!" My sister entered my room through the open door and jumped up and down on my bed for a few seconds before landing on my back.

"Ugh!" I groaned, regretting why I didn't lock my door.

"Get off me!" I shrieked, my voice was muffled because of my position. My back began aching because of Tamara's full weight pressing me down.

Tamara sat on my bed and I sat up right beside her.

My middle finger brushed away a few strands of my hair trapped inside my mouth. "Could you not jump on me again?"

Tamara waggled her brows at me and at the same bearing a cheesy grin on her face.

"I'm not making any promises." She grabbed my handbag and extracted my phone from it. After searching the device for what she had in mind, she looked up at me.

"How was your day at work?" she demanded.

I sighed and proceeded to narrate what had transpired at my workplace. When my narration ended, Tamara yawned and stretched her hands above her head.

"I'm going downstairs."

I laid back on my bed. "I'll join you in twenty minutes, let me change out of these sweaty clothes."

"Take all the time you need."

She left my room after hugging me.  I smiled as I walked to the bathroom to take a long shower.

I went downstairs in a tank top and a pair of Jeans shorts. After making a beeline to the refrigerator in the kitchen, I brought out my meal which mostly consisted of fruits, vegetables and some other stuff.

Oh I didn't state it, I'm a vegetarian, well I've been a vegetarian since I became 16.

From what I remember, the sight of meat, fish and eggs repulsed me so much that I decided to get rid of any animal-related  food item in my diet.

Being a vegetarian does not however mean I eat only fruits. There's rice, beans, maize asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, barley, buckwheat, rice, oats, Lentils, peas, chickpeas and a wide range of options to choose from.

I sat beside Tamara who was munching some chips she drew occasionally from a bowl positioned on her crossed legs.

"Care for some chips?" She offered me the bowl,

"No, thanks." She made a face before retracting her outstretched arm. I smirked and took a bite of my apple.

We watched a movie till mom arrived from work. She hurried in with shopping bags in her arm and her Gucci bag in the other arm.

"Hey girls, mom's back!"

We rushed to hug her and we relieved her of her burden.

"Hey mom, what are these?"
Tamara enquired peering into one of the bags.

"I got them for the both of you." Mom said, playing with Tamara's hair.

"Thank you so much mum!" I hugged mom again before bringing out the contents of the bag.