16: Red Roses

FOR THE NEXT couple of days, I attended a lot of meetings with Mr. Philip dressed in corporate clothes and heels. I saw more of Maya, she was constantly around her boyfriend, not in a clingy way though. Deciding to not allow their being together bother me, I ate normally, slept peacefully and talked with Mia about little things.

My temporary stay here in Hawaii is worth it, although since my snapping at Mr. Philip in the elevator, he hadn't spoken to me, not even once.

I sat at the kitchen island on a stool with a glass of water before me. Mia went to get some groceries and Maya went with her, I hadn't seen Mr. Philip, I guessed he was in his room bent over some important-looking documents.

I heard movement behind me, I turned to see him walking to the refrigerator. He pulled out something from it and without saying a word to me, turned to leave.

After gulping down the contents of the cup before me, I headed out of the penthouse towards the well kept garden. Going down on one knee, I caressed the petal of a red rose, at the same time avoiding the thorns on it.

I stared at other flowers, some bees were hovering over some of them.
There were tulips, chrysanthemums, roses, lilies and tulips. I plucked a white lily and stuck it into my hair.

"They're quite pretty, aren't they?" A soft voice from behind me snapped me out of my daze.

My gaze strayed to Maya who wore a blue dress, her hair is packed up in a ponytail and the features of her face were prominent.

"Yes they are." I responded and her lips curved up in a smile.

"I planted most of them, Mia planted the rest. What is your favorite flower? " She asked  brushing away a strand of her hair.

I was beyond jealous today, so I answered her politely, not that I would have done otherwise even if I were angry. I manage my emotions effectively.

"Lilies."

"I like them too, lilies signify purity."

I nodded and she bent over to gently pluck a lily, she placed it in her cupped palm.

"I like it here in Hawaii." I announced and she turned to me.

"Hawaii's an enchanting place." She chirped in.

"Actually, in sincerity, you're the first P. A Philip has taken on one his vacations," I snapped my neck in her direction and found her steady gaze on me.

Vacation?

"He hasn't brought any other person apart from me to his penthouse, besides Mia too, I'm really jealous, not in a bad way though."

Maya, jealous of me? Impossible.

"You needn't be jealous, personally I would not have agreed to come here, he dragged me here."

"He dragged you literally?" I nodded.

She remained silent and continued watching the flowers.

"Baby, I've been searching all over for you." Mr. Philip appeared beside her. swinging his hand over her waist,he pulled her close and gave her a peck on her cheek. My eyes did not fail to catch the blush that appeared on her cheeks.

"I was just having a nice conversation with Miss Florence."

She leaned against him and he shot me a look which made me turn my face away from them.

"I'll be inside, I don't feel too well." Maya muttered and walked away, leaving me alone with Mr Philip. I had a feeling that she left intentionally.

"We're leaving tomorrow." Philip gazed at the flowers with less enthusiasm. I knew all that filled his mind was work and other boring stuff.