Chapter 16

I walked into Dexters office. It was very spacious, but of course it looked like a bachelor's pad. Everything was leather and brown. There wasn't any bright colors. Everything was dull.

I knocked on the door that read Dexter Mitchell.

"Come in." He answered.

I turned the knob and opened the door. There he was, sitting at his desk reading over papers.

I walked towards his desk and took a seat in one of the chairs that sat in front of him.

"Hi Dexter." I spoke.

"Hello there Sharen. So let's get straight to business. I've showed you the note but there is something else we might want to look into." He said.

"Okay. What is it?"

He gave me another piece of paper and it read:

I just moved down here. I've been looking for you for a long time. Or should I say we?

"I found this note on the floor in your office. I'm assuming since you were under so much pressure you didn't pay any attention to it." He said.

I was speechless because I knew it could only be one person. Allen.

Maybe I should have told Dexter everything.

"Dexter there's more to the story that you should know." I blurted out.

He looked at me and waited.

"Okay. Tell me Sharen. I'm not here to judge, I'm here to help." He said folding his hards together across the table.

"It's more to the story about Allen. He was more than just a horrible boyfriend and fiancé. He was also the father of my baby..."