Chapter 12

I felt very uncomfortable talking to Dexter. Number one I barely know him, but my main issue is the attraction I have for him. I constantly find myself flirting with him, unknowingly, or staring at him.

But I know he has a job to do, so I'm trying my best not to make it hard on him.

"Where should I start?" I said barely above a whisper.

"Start with the beginning Sharen." He said. He was trying his hardest to make me comfortable with him, but my mind and body just wouldn't let me.

"Okay, well um recently my brother, Jess short for Jessie, was murdered by my cousin Karen. This ordeal happened 2 days ago. Karen could be a possible suspect simply because she knows that I'm livid with her. Tonight, before you called, she was standing on my doorstep and told me that I'm lucky I'm her cousin or else I would have been with him, talking about my brother."

Maybe it's not hard to talk to him after all.

Dexter spoke, "So, why isn't she in jail? Why haven't she been caught? What happened and why did she murder him?" He asked as he begin to write in his notepad.

"All of the questions you're asking me, are the same questions I'm asking myself. The problem is that I've never given her a chance to talk. My emotions were all over the place that I really didn't want to hear what she had to say." Dexter sat there staring at me like I grew two heads.

"Um, okay well who are the other suspects?"

"Well there's only one. But this story is going to take alot longer than the last one." I said.

"I have all night Sharen." Then he smiled.

"Well it started 5 years ago, with my boyfriend named Allen. Allen Mccarson...."